icon

express kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Im a little confused when it comes to some of the newer vehicles. today i installed a remote on a 06 G6, it was the first one ive done with pK3 +. (is there a difference between a PK3+ and a PK3).

The reason i Ask is bypass kit site says i could use an xk06 or pkucg2x, or PKUGM2X. Really whats the difference.

Tomorrow i Have a 05 Caravan (I hate dodge and chysler) Again what do i use XK532 or pkugm2x, which looks like a nightmare to program. Or PKUCH2X. the list goes on and on.

How does a person know which is the best to use.

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
It all depends on what you will be using the bypass for if you need door lock control and door status. They have actually discontinued the pkuch2x it is now the pkucg2x and that will be fine just for start on a 05 caravan it will cover your mux wire and your transponder bypass.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
I would say your choice of bypass could be summarized by 3 factors:
  1. Unit cost
  2. Extent of interface required (e.g. doorlock control, transponder bypass only)
  3. Preferred type of transponder interface - would you rather have to deal with RF programming and antenna position, or hardwiring a data interface to the car?
With Chrysler products the last question's irrelevant, since no one makes a data transponder override for them.
The XK532 would be the best if you're doing doorlock control as well. For remote start only, the PKU-CG2X would be fine.
Yes, there is a difference between PK3 and PK3+. PK3+ is newer, uses transponder keys which evidently use a different frequency than PK3, and also to my knowledge every vehicle with PK3+ has the newer style, multiplex ignition harness.
For that G6 I would have suggested choosing between the PKU-GM2X (if you like mounting an antenna ring on the key cylinder) and the XK06 (if you like hardwiring to the car).
I haven't used the PKU-CG2X yet, but it doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble on a GM product, since it doesn't simplify the ignition harness the way it would on a Chrysler, or the way the PKU-GM2X would do on a GM.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic