Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirtjumper895 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Looking for the electrical gurus here-
Vehicle- 2000 S10 Pickup 4.3 L 4wd Zr2 Package
The problem is that the door locks are always locked and when you push the unlock button, they unlock and lock right away. I did some testing and figured out it has to do with the wiring associated to my Viper 5900 SST security/remote start system. I diagnosed this brain box, and i think the brain box is alright, however when no signal is going to the blue (lock) wire, the door lock actuators are always trying to lock....
If you unplug or put a SMALL like 10 milliamp signal to it, they do not stay trying to lock and you can unlock the doors and it seems to function normally.
I am thinking maybe a relay in the wiring is messed up, hence the reason why the door lock signal is sticking.... Any idea where a relay for this may be placed?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged  
Has the alarm been in the vehicle for a while?   Was it working properly when initially installed? You need to disconnect it until you get the problem resolved. The door actuators are not constant duty devices.
dirtjumper895 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
It was installed on 2/6/07. Worked good back then and up until about a week and a half ago.... Any idea if my car would have a relay inline from the door lock wire(alarm) to the main door lock wire? I will do somemore searching....
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like a relay is stuck on
vasharion 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

Might need a door relay or it could be passlock getting mad at you.

451M Micro door lock relay module. Might need 2 uh...

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
Are you saying that the locks work properly when the 2 wire(green and blue) connector is plugged in to the Viper, and then malfunction when that connector is unplugged? Or vice versa?
If the malfunction stops when the connector is unplugged from the alarm, I'd suspect a short or burned out component inside the Viper brain.
If the malfunction stops when the connector is plugged in, the case would possibly be a lock switch which is shorted closed, sticking door lock relay, or the lock circuit somehow otherwise shorting to 12V+.
It's possible that the installer used a relay between the Viper and the car, but this is unlikely since that particular Viper unit is capable of controlling the locks on your truck directly.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
cobrar980 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the 451m is connected properly

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic