icon

honda prelude aftermarket speedo problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theach 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 93 Honda Prelude and i have wired up all new gauges and the autometer speedometer i wired up through the vss wire appears to be robbing the ecu of the vss signal so that neither the speedometer or the ecu is getting a signal from the vss when the speedo is plugged in. Is there any way to boost the signal from the vss to the speedometer?
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Can you re -write your question. The way it is worded does not make sense to me.
theach 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
It appears that the autometer speedometer i installed is pulling more amperage i guess than what the vehicle speed sensor can put out to the ecu and the new speedometer, i was told that gm and other manufacturers have some type of amplifier in their gauge clusters to compensate for this, how would i go about doing this, does that make any sense?
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

Yes it does, thanks.

Do a google search of "op amp buffer circuits" this will familiarize you with the principal. Basically you want the input impedance to be very high, and the output impedance to be very low. These circuits are very simple to build, and the few parts you need are at radio shack. If you need help with a circuit, let me know and I will try to draw one for you. I am not very good at paint.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic