2003 impala won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cobrar980 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
ANY IDEAS?????
2003 Impala, factory keyless, no alarm. Installed an Avital 4113 R/S into it a few weeks ago. Now all of a sudden the car just won't start. I relay'd for 2nd ignition and connected all used wires. I used a directed XK06 bypass with the correct firmware and correctly connected all wires....trust me I've checked 3 times just to make sure. At first I thought it was Passlock 2 giving me problems, I did the 10 minute reset trick and now the security light does not turn on after crank. So it seems to be acting all in order.
I can hear the fuel pump and ignition system turn on when the key is turned to "ON". The car cranks but will not start. The "Low Fuel" light turns on so tomorrow I'm gonna get some gas in the car. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into similar situations, and what do you think might be my problems.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
put gas, try and then post back. 2003 impala won't start -- posted image.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
cobrar980 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I'll let ya know.
Just to clarify.....the car doesn't start with the key or remote start. It just cranks and cranks and cranks...............
vasharion 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Probably want to find a car / chevy forum and start from there. Since it's cranking you probably

want to check for spark and fuel pressure.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Definitely sounds like a mechanical/out of fuel problem. Impalas/Monte Carlos with improper Passlock code wouldn't even crank. Plus you're saying the security light goes out.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
is your battery weak???
cobrar980 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Alright guys, here's what it ended up being............owner of the car had it towed to his mechanic. The plug wires ended up being bad on the car because moisture had built up in between the plugs and caps. You could see the actual electricity shocks arcing from the ignition module. So Avital 4113 wasn't to blame, just bad timing on the install. He replaced the wires and the car starts up just fine.....I'm surprised just in the fact the mechanic didn't just blame the remote start and have it sent back over to us again. He actually diagnosed the car correctly......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic