icon

2005 subaru baja factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know where the factory security module is? the factory alarm is arm/disarm via remote only. with the alarm armed, if you open a door (setting the alarm off) then cycle the ignition on then off 3 times that will disarm the alarm. basically the same as a valet switch will in aftermarket alarms. we were contemplating isolating the ignition and door triggers from the factory security module when remote started so he could keep the factory alarm when we were installing an avital 4113 one button remote start. didn't have much time to search for it (did look under the drivers and passengers underdash and the plate under passengers carpet/floorboard to no avail. we know it's not part of the integrated control module after some testing. i pulled up some wiring schematics from Chilton and it lists a separate factory module for keyless and for security but no location(s).
for times sake and cause the customer didn't mind, we just put the factory alarm into valet mode (how to at bottom of post) so the keyless still worked and he could remote start with no issues.
for reference:
2005 Subaru Baja factory alarm valet mode. open drivers door, hold hold unlock on the transmitter for 2 seconds. the security light in the cluster will now flash twice a second to indicate that it is in valet mode. to remove the alarm from valet mode, repeat the process
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with the vehicle's factory security features, but are you sure there is no other disarm procedure, besides the remote and ignition?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Most Subarus have the OEM alarm behind the glove box or in the center console area in front of the parking brake. Unplugging it will disable the alarm with no other bad effects.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Most Subarus have the OEM alarm behind the glove box or in the center console area in front of the parking brake. Unplugging it will disable the alarm with no other bad effects.

I don't think he wants to remove the factory security, even though it's in valet mode now. However, knowing the location is very beneficial, to him now.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
I know for a while, the security module was in the radio opening. Once you pulled the bezel around the radio opening, you couldn't miss it.
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:
I'm not familiar with the vehicle's factory security features, but are you sure there is no other disarm procedure, besides the remote and ignition?
yeah, came out of the owners manual for the vehicle. we tried the key in driver's door lock cylinder and inserting the key into the ignition (keysense) and turning the ignition on once to no avail
my two suspected areas for the security module were behind the glove box but that car has a huge blower motor. i pulled the pocket just forward of the gear selector and only saw the airbag control module. was about to take the dash/radio out till we opted to just do the valet mode. thanks for the help guys, just wanted to give the guy the ability to maintain the factory alarm and remote start.
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

I use a project box and put the factory remote in it with relays.  Take the factory transmitter apart and use relays and solder to the switches and you can duplicate anything you want on the factory transmitter.  Just put new batteries in it before you tie it up and they should be good for awhile.  Works like a charm I did this on a Baja last year sometime. 

Oh and set you rs to unlock before start and lock after start to disarm upon start.

TechHead
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
that was the other option, but rather that still using batteries we have and adjustable voltage mini power supply to sell and connect to the battery terminal of the remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic