icon

compustar 2wss false alarm due to window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmasjz45 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Well, after about 2 years of no problems, the alarm now goes off showing an arrow in the window, which im assuming means a window was broken into. I have no window module, and the car also refuses to start because of this (3 chirps)...It is about 10*F outside, and I'm hoping this is why..I can't find any info in the manual because it's no longer on the compustar site...Any ideas why it goes off once a day saying something about the window? It's really too cold to take apart the dash and see whats going on, maybe the brain has had it's day?? Thanks guys
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

I hope these will help: 2WSSR or Pro 2WSSR

dmasjz45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for....but not a single mention of the arrow in the window...
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Is it possible it's in valet mode?
dmasjz45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
It's not in valet mode...and also can't even get an error code response after the 3 chirps indicating the car cannot auto-start...Anytime I press the status button the window arrow shows up also...Does anybody know what this arrow means?! I'm about to lose my mind
dmasjz45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Alright guys I figured it out...Guess only the pk lights flash for error code, went to open hood pin, but the hood doesn't show on the remote I suppose...So looking at the pin guess what I found??? Huge buildup of road salt. Sanded down the contacts and VOILA! I'll be sure to thank the new york state congress for this problem, and now it'll be here for anyone to search (as I never found anything)...Thanks a lot loneranger for the manual!!!
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

For future reference:

When I press button II for 2 seconds, the transmitter chirps three times and the door and headlight in the LCD of the remote blinks; but the vehicle does not start.

Is the door open?

Check and make sure the remote is coded and working. Check to see if the door locks work from the remote button number I.

Check and see if the door on the remote’s LCD blinks 3 times when button II is pressed for 2 seconds, if so check these things:

• A: If this is being installed on a manual transmission vehicle, did you set the reservation mode?
  • B: Did you set dip switch #4, to on if this is being installed on a automatic transmission vehicle?
  • C: Check to see if there is 12v at the ORANGE / Black brake wire (harness #5) when the brake pedal is not depressed. If there is 12v check the wire you are connected to with your meter.
  • D: Check to see if there is ground at the BROWN / Black hood wire (harness #5) when the hood is closed. If there is adjust or position the switch so the wire is open with the hood closed.
  • E: Check and see what position the by-pass switch is in. If the switch is set to the on position the remote start will not function.
  • F: Check and make sure that the door trigger was used and is testing properly for the reservation mode to work properly.
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
I've added the - 2W series AS- installation manual to the downloads section. Here is a link to some more useful manuals.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic