ford mustang 2005 4.6 v8 uk owner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nik_turner 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
New to this forum but thought somebody may be able to shed some light on my problem. I am from the UK and drive a 2005 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8. Everything has been fine with the car up until today. I have collected the children from school and came back to the car. I unlocked the doors with the remote and opened the drivers door. Both the driver and passenger doors then went down by themselves. No power to the vehicle at all was present. I never thought anything of it and started the vehicle and put the windows back up with no problems. I then decided to go to our local shops and when i stopped the car and opened one of the doors the same thing happened again. Both windows came down. I now find that I cannot leave the vehicle because as soon as I take the key out of the ignition and open a door both windows go down. I have tried to shut the doors, lean into the car, put the key in the ignition and remove (thus giving the car the 10 minutes of power before shut down) then closing the windows and locking the car, which works until the 10 minutes elapses and the windows come down and consequently the alarm starts to sound.
Not sure if it is relevant but we have had some pretty bad weather here recently (i.e. frost, ice and rain). Please could anyone help as I am stuck with a car on my drive that I am unable to lock or put the windows up!!!
Many Thanks
Nikki Turner
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Nikki,

I'm sure it's relevant. Keep your windows up in the rain! Sounds like you got water in the drivers door switches & it's shorting out & acting funny. I would try to remove the switch assembly & take it apart as much as you can & use a hairdryer to dry out the circuit board & all contacts. If you don't dry it out soon, things could possibly rust & corrode & eventually be unrepairable.

Just so you know, we don't collect our children-we pick them up from school. And we call it a driveway instead of drive. But it's nice to hear different phrases from the other side of the pond.

Good Enough Isn't!
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
last time i tried to joke about some different phrases from the uk on here, i got pinned as being a redneck uneducated hick who was probably also a racist. meh, was just poking a stick and even said so. guy i was talking to got it but someone else chimed in that shouldn't have.
at any rate, are you the original owner of the vehicle? are you unlocking with a key in the drivers door, factory keyless entry or aftermarket keyless entry? if it's aftermarket, then there may be a window control module installed that's now malfunctioning
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Listen you hicks especially you Kelly, the clue here seems to be 10 mins, do we have a faulty sleeper circuit? I don't think rain would have such an effect, go back to your road kill kelly just remember  who's really the most PC NOT on this site. Regards Howie  PS Has any one installed an alarm on this vehicle with window closers or is it a comfort close,i.e. hold the key on lock to close the windows and vice versa to open them.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

oh cmon kelly, nobody (me) pinned you as a redneck (it was more of an accusation anyway). i was just taking an uneducated stab in the dark. turns out i guessed wrong, but you still seem hurt. maybe we can talk it over someday over some Sunday NASCAR? ford mustang 2005 4.6 v8 uk owner -- posted image. 

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Listen you hicks especially you Kelly, the clue here seems to be 10 mins, do we have a faulty sleeper circuit? I don't think rain would have such an effect, go back to your road kill kelly just remember who's really the most PC NOT on this site. Regards Howie PS Has any one installed an alarm on this vehicle with window closers or is it a comfort close,i.e. hold the key on lock to close the windows and vice versa to open them.
ha, nice. road kill. at any rate i didn't catch that part about 10 minutes.
ckeeler wrote:

oh cmon kelly, nobody (me) pinned you as a redneck (it was more of an accusation anyway). i was just taking an uneducated stab in the dark. turns out i guessed wrong, but you still seem hurt. maybe we can talk it over someday over some Sunday NASCAR? ford mustang 2005 4.6 v8 uk owner -- posted image. 

i'm not hurt at all, i laughed about it. the whole thing was me just poking a stick at a good guy for some harmless humor. i just figured i'd let the guy in this thread know how mine went over. and you can watch your NASCAR, i can't stand it.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

man i just cant ever guess it right with you Kelly, can I? i thought all rednecks like NASCAR. ford mustang 2005 4.6 v8 uk owner -- posted image.

i'll get it figured right someday i guess.

anyway, im pretty sure those Mustags never had comfort closure. Nikki, when you say you unlocked the doors with "the remote" just before opening the door.......is it a factory remote, or aftermarket?

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
They never had closure, but on some of the Gts, the windows would roll down with an extended pulse to the disarm wire.
nik_turner 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Many thanks for all the suggestions. I called Breakdown out that evening and it turns out that I have a faulty door switch (possibly getting rain in it). I don't use the actual door lock on the driver side I just the alarm fob so did not even know it had total closure system on the vehicle! It turns out the lock was set slightly to one side and was activating the closure system??? Sprayed some silicone spray in and its perfect again. Going to take the door panel off this weekend and dry it out so I know its good.
Thanks again
Nikki
PS - Thanks for the corrections on 'collecting' & 'drive' - I would never be offended. ;-)
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to hear from you again. We thought you might be offended. I'm glad you are not.

Please let us know what happens in the end.

BTW, what is Breakdown? Is that like AAA?

Good Enough Isn't!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic