the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 mark lt with avhp7480dvd sub outputs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnuts247 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i need some help with something that has been bothering me for about 4 days and i just can't figure it out? Ok well i have a 2006 Lincoln Mark LT With a pioneer AVH-97480DVD. I recently installed the radio/dvd player and everything was working good (as far as i knew) then when i put a cd in and the source switched to the cd player when the music came on it was really loud and the volume was down at 0? but the sound seemed like it was only coming from the factory sub under the rear seats? so i decided to turn the volume up and the sub continued to sound the same but the other speakers kicked in and it sounded fine? so i went ahead and disconnected the Right And Left audio wires from the aftermarket wire harness from the truck to the back of the unit and the sub went off, and the music sounded fine but there wasn't any bass. so i then connected just the (white audio not sure if left or right) and the sub kicked on again? then i connected the red and it did not seem to make a difference? i checked all the settings on the unit and turned everything down on the outputs but it did not make a difference when a cd would play, only with the radio as soon as you switch to cd or dvd the bass would be heavy.. when the speakers would be low? so i checked my wires and i noticed on the after market kit for the truck the wire that has the audio rca's coming off of it has two amp turn on wires? i only had on connected. but by that time i was really bothered from working on it for about 4 days so i didn't do anything with them. could it be that both amp turn-on's have to be connected or just one and i have the wrong one connected? i just don't understand how the amplifier would put out so much power when on a cd but not when the radio is on? any help would be appreciated. Thank You!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

On the Metra plug # 705521 there are two plugs. One is power and speakers, the other subwoofer(the smaller plug). This plug has two RCA's and two remote wires. You will notice however, only 1 RCA actually runs the sub and only 1 remote turns it on. You will also notice one remote wire doesn't even connect to anything on the factory plug. One remote, one RCA is all it takes. If the sub is playing at the same volume knowmatter what you set the head unit at, the problem is the radio not the truck. Possibly there is a setting for your sub-out changing it from on to variable, as this is what you need.

Side note, do you have a pop noise when the radio turns on? add a resistor to the remote turn on wire to eliminate this.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I do have a pop noise but only when i am switching from the radio to dvd/cd? The Sub works fine with the radio on and there is no pop noise when it turns on, just when switching from radio to cd/dvd. and the sub is only load when the cd/dvd is playing until i disconnect the rca cable(s).. I checked the settings on the radio and turned all the sub and output options down, but it still does the same thing? its just weird to me because it is fine with the radio only loud with the dvd/cd making me think something is hooked up wrong? thanks for the help let me know what else you got or if thats it..
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
The sub amp will only provide volume from the signal it gets from the RCA plug. If you have too much volume from the sub it means it is getting too much signal, no question. I've done dozens of LT's and F series with the factory sub, a simple connection. I've done AVIC's, Eclipse, Kenwood, even Advent with no issues as you describe. Gotta be a problem from the head unit signal...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Since it is a Pioneer Deck. At least perform the test at the top of the following link.
Let us know what you find out.
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Thank You, Ill do that test and see what else i can find out and get back later and let you know what happens thanks for the help! and it is weird because i use to have the unit in a 97 f350 with aftermarket subs and amp and had the bump noise but the volume controls with the cd/dvd sounded just like the radio with nothing different i guess i might end up having to bypass the amplifier or something? not sure but ill let you know what i figure out and again thanks for the help. let me know if anything comes up i will try this tomorrow morning.
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I did the test at the top of that link that i was sent and the reading on my ohm meter jumped from 0.12 to -0.63 and so fourth it jumped around alot.. anyway i tried a couple different things and i don't know what to do next? any ideas? or should i continue on and do what that page says to repair the ground? let me know thanks!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Your ground is fine.  No need to proceed.
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have no idea what else to do? it just seems weird that it sounds fine when the radio is on but loud with the cd playing.. i might just have to bypass the amp i am not sure what else to do or check? if you have any ideas let me know.. Thanks
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
The fact that it is fine with radio alone shows you the issue is with your unit as the truck has no way of knowing what signal you are sending. Try contacting Pioneer....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic