Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slicpartna 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
i did a search but i couldn't find an answer
i recently had this unit installed but
I'm trying to figure out how the remote start timer works. The manual isn't clear at all. The way i read it is that the truck will start when the time elapses, but it doesn't work. Can someone help?
cobrar980 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
are you programing correctly...?
slicpartna 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
cobrar980 wrote:
are you programing correctly...?
yes it is program correctly
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

What steps are you using to program it?

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
carbon12 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
I also recently had an Avital 4400 installed. The remote can be confusing. While I did not find the user manual online, I did find the manual for the Hornet 564T online. In fact, that lacked a typo in the printed manual that had hindered me for a while.
Let L=Lock button, U=Unlock button:
To read the inside temperature of the vehicle, press L+U+* simultaneously (unlike L+U+Aux that the printed manual stated on page 11).
So what does that have to do with the "timer mode" (page 36)? To do the "timer mode", you press L+U simultaneously. So there are 2-simultaneous-button commands that are a subset of a 3-simultaneous-button command. So somehow I learned of the 3-hour "timer mode" with my control beeping while I was asleep. I looked at the remote and saw the smoke image on the back of the car image on the remote. The car had started. Hmmm. I noted the time. Later the action repeated. I noted a 3-hour difference. I searched the manual for "hours" and found the mode.
As far as I can tell, there is no way to get out of "timer mode" with just the remote. Instead you have to turn the ignition key on while the car is already running. I don't know if you need to catch it during the every-3-hour starts, or if you could use the regular
* * button presses. There is no icon to tell you that you are in the "timer mode".
There is an icon for the "24-hour timer mode" (page 40). And that one you can turn off from the remote.
There is also an icon for the "temperature auto start
mode", and that one you can also turn off from the remote.
I have a question: can somebody tell me how to
do a 3-simultaneous-button command without inadvertently doing a 2-simultaneous-button command?
slicpartna 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
carbon12 wrote:
I also recently had an Avital 4400 installed. The remote can be confusing. While I did not find the user manual online, I did find the manual for the Hornet 564T online. In fact, that lacked a typo in the printed manual that had hindered me for a while.
Let L=Lock button, U=Unlock button:
To read the inside temperature of the vehicle, press L+U+* simultaneously (unlike L+U+Aux that the printed manual stated on page 11).
So what does that have to do with the "timer mode" (page 36)? To do the "timer mode", you press L+U simultaneously. So there are 2-simultaneous-button commands that are a subset of a 3-simultaneous-button command. So somehow I learned of the 3-hour "timer mode" with my control beeping while I was asleep. I looked at the remote and saw the smoke image on the back of the car image on the remote. The car had started. Hmmm. I noted the time. Later the action repeated. I noted a 3-hour difference. I searched the manual for "hours" and found the mode.
As far as I can tell, there is no way to get out of "timer mode" with just the remote. Instead you have to turn the ignition key on while the car is already running. I don't know if you need to catch it during the every-3-hour starts, or if you could use the regular
* * button presses. There is no icon to tell you that you are in the "timer mode".
There is an icon for the "24-hour timer mode" (page 40). And that one you can turn off from the remote.
There is also an icon for the "temperature auto start
mode", and that one you can also turn off from the remote.
I have a question: can somebody tell me how to
do a 3-simultaneous-button command without inadvertently doing a 2-simultaneous-button command?
ok, i see i wasn't the only person that found the manual confusion to follow. i had the same thing happen to me. i was asleep and the truck started then a few hours later the truck started again. the freakin manual is vague in describing the function of the remote start feature.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic