icon

remote start on 07 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
compcowboy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a JTI S400 alarm/remote start on my truck. Its a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. I have a Idatalink bypass module to go with it. I am having trouble with the starter. I have seen the wiring diagrams and they all say to refer to Doc 1084 and i cannot find it.
Any secrets or tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

I cannot find a copy, but basically what it states is you need to run a negative starter wire to the Mux wire thru a 180ohm resistor, and also a negative accessory wire to the same NUX wire thru a 610ohm resistor.

That said, you don't need to do this with the Idatalink unit as it does it for you. The only thing that gets connected to the Mux wire is the yellow wire on the bypass. Did you connect the BLACK/ white starter wire to your starter output wire on your RS?

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
compcowboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately i am enough of an idiot that i have no idea what the MUX or NUX wire means.
Being that this truck doesnt have a starter wire per say, do i still hook to it?
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

newer dodge chrysler vehicles are a pain if your not familiar with them. you need to follow the directions on the idata link piece exactly using the relay and all. and make sure you have the ring c2 or it wont start. if your at all uncomfortable with it i would recommend having it installed at a shop you can quickly mess stuff up in the can bus dodge and chrysler vehicles.

compcowboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I am getting closer and closer to just pulling it and selling it. Not worth the hassles so far.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
If you feel the factory vehicle anti-theft device is adequate and you don't want/need the convenience of a R/S then, yes it can be a hassle.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
compcowboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Well i never really wanted the added alarm, just a remote start, and most places will not install one on a manual transmission vehicle. This is why i was going to do it myself. I did the wifes explorer just fine.
jokerchingon 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2009 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
hey go to the downloads section and search 1084, thats the doc u need good luck
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2009 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

compcowboy wrote:
Unfortunately i am enough of an idiot that i have no idea what the MUX or NUX wire means.
Being that this truck doesnt have a starter wire per say, do i still hook to it?

Follow the Idata instructions and it will work. the fat positive starter wire goes to the Idata unit, do connect the igntion wire from the RS to the igntion switch. Beyiond that it is pretty much like any other install. Do not use doc 1084 like suggested...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic