icon

clifford 3.3 matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

When I first got this alarm installed it used to have a nice brite blue flashing  on the reciever unit, now it does not flash nymore when armed, anybody know how to fix this?

2004 Hyundai Sonata
Kenwood KDC-X599 HU
2-Sundown X-18D4
2-SQ Q4500.1
2-SQ Q90.4
1-Massive DBX4
8-Niche 5.25 mids
8-Niche Tweeters
4-Skar 8" mid-bass
OhioGen 220a alt
OhioGen 350a alt
wass0026 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
I take it your talking about the blue led light. Its very rare to see one of these burn out, however it could have possibly came unplugged. On the matrix starters there are two places in which it has a connection on the led one about two inches from the led itself, and the other where it connects to the brain module of the security system. Check both of these to make sure their connected. If so, you could try a new led. If you want the same one, go to where you had it installed or purchased and ask them. Most likely the installers have like 80 leds laying around that you could try.
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
I really don't think it burnt out, but maybe when my little one got a hold of the remote and started pushing buttons like crazy because it made pretty lights come on,,,,,maybe she did a combination that turns the flashing led off, that's what I am trying to figure out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any ideas???
2004 Hyundai Sonata
Kenwood KDC-X599 HU
2-Sundown X-18D4
2-SQ Q4500.1
2-SQ Q90.4
1-Massive DBX4
8-Niche 5.25 mids
8-Niche Tweeters
4-Skar 8" mid-bass
OhioGen 220a alt
OhioGen 350a alt
wass0026 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Its possible that it was put in valet mode if your child was playing with the remote. This does not sound like the case for you scenario though. If the sequence of lock, unlock, lock is pressed on the remote with the door open it will set the car into valet mode. It will also set it into valet by pressing the valet switch as you turn the ignition on. However the light should stay on constant. Where, if I'm understanding your question correctly, your light does not light at all.
a137 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
04nata wrote:

When I first got this alarm installed it used to have a nice brite blue flashing  on the reciever unit, now it does not flash nymore when armed, anybody know how to fix this?

LED has separate 2 pin socket at brain module.
You can either check your LED by multimeter or try to connect other verified working LED to this socket.
Try to reconnect 6 pin socket at antenna module as well.
red4x4door 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

I also had the "pretty blue" LED quit working.  I opened up the module and checked the LED and mine was bad.  Went to Radio Shack and picked up a new LED and soldered it into place.  The new LED is not near as bright but I do have a "pretty blue" light again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic