icon

2007 hhr manual transmission, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redseal 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I tried to install a Compstar remote start today.. When I go throught the sequence vehicle will run with key out of ignition, Shut door vehicle dies (normal) try and remote start the light come on fuel pump just no crank.. Yes e-barke wire is hooked up.. Now I am using a pkucg2x bypass. and the instructions tell me to use a 9.6K resistor and a 6.3K resistor. and a relay..I cut the yellow ign wire and ran ign side to pole 30 on the relay and BCM side to 87 then 86 fused constant power and 85 is running to ground out whil running wiring from remote starter.. I have installed remote starts before but never anything like this.. door locks and such is easy I just need to start this thing..??? did I do it wrong. On the Compustar wam1 what wires do I actually need from the connector 1 with all the large wires.. If some could give me detailed instructions that would be great..

Thanks        

redseal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone tell me if there is away to program a pkuCG2X,, It is installed in my HHR but it is a 5spd so to program the module you have to put key in turn to on then off and remove key and remote start within 10 seconds.  However to do that you must do the proper sequence so when you take the key out of the ignition vehicle is running so it knows it is not ingear.. As soon as you put the key in the ignition and turn it on you screw up the sequence.. Any ideas...????
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Check to see if your remote starter unit has a instant start input, they normaly have to see a ground

redseal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I talked to tech support for the compustar he advised me to cut the wire for manual or auto. I did that and was able to program the bypass.. Now when it starts it stalls then tries again.. Any ideas??  
redseal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 07 chevy HHR I have installed a compustar 1WAMR-G2  remote start in the car it is a manual, The wires for the clutch are positive. So how do I wire this so that the vehicle will only use bypass with remote start.. Isthere a wire on the R/S itself that I can hook up to the none power side so it gets power only for crank..??? Yes this R/S is for a manual..
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
if your remote start unit has a negative 2nd starter output use it to trigger a relay to send a positive pulse to the clutch switch wire. if it doesnt use a leg off the positive start output wire to trigger a relay and send a positive pulse to the clutch wire.
redseal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2007 Chevy HHR manual tranny.. The remote satrt works fine except one issue after you do the sequence with the neutral ebrake and such the vehicle will run for maybe 10 seconds if that. So you have to shut off key and get out pretty quick.. What did I do wrong or how can i extend this time...  R/S is compustar 1WAMR-G2 with pku-CG2X bypass.. Any ideas???    
tmoble 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

I saw no one has replied to you. If your still having this problem you should call the Compustar Tech  Support. the number is on the webite compustar.com and the guys there are real good, plus the hold times are almost always pretty short.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

All 4 topics regarding this install have been merged into this one topic.

Help us help you. Read and follow all rules.

2007 hhr manual transmission, remote start - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic