icon

'08 tacoma front stage in need of advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morthane 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

I'm currently in a dilemma, but that's pretty much always the case when it comes to car audio purchases.

I have a 2008 Tacoma 4 door.

Alpine iDA-X100 head unit

Memphis MCA-3004 ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.memphiscaraudio.com%2Famp_specs%2F16-mca3004info.html)

Memphis MCD1000 ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.memphiscaraudio.com%2Famp_specs%2F16-mcd1000info.html)

JL Audio 10" W3v2 -D4 in custom sealed enclosure

I am now focusing on the front speakers, and have the following choices:

-Used Morel Pulse 5.25" Components and Pulse Coax 6x9.  (I would be buying them from my friend of 15 years, so I am not worried about the legitimacy of the quality or condition).  Note that the 6x9 will not fit the vehicle, but I don't get the option of splitting things up.

-Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" (one pair only).  Highly recommended to me by my "audio advisor"

-something else

The Morel set and the Clarus pair are available to me at the same price, in the neighborhood of $400-$500.  They are already above my comfort zone of where I hoped to be spending, but I am also done with selling myself short.

I plan to have the truck until the wheels fall off, and I want to do things right without overspending as well. 

I am playing with the idea of sound dampening late this year.

I do not intend to add anything more than what is listed above.

Can I get recommendations on which set I should be buying?  I am after natural sound, full body, and liveliness.  The Morels are so far the best thing I've been exposed to.

Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
-This is Spinal Tap
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ha, we meet again....... I answered this for you on CCA, never hurts to get a second opinion though.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
morthane 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

That's why I've gone so far as a 6th opinion '08 tacoma front stage in need of advice - Last Post -- posted image.  good to see that you are here, your opinion is highly valued.

Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
-This is Spinal Tap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic