the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

my tool box was damaged

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

I'd like to get some input from other shop workers and hopefully some shop owners on a situation that I am in.

My boss brought in an electric go-kart and was working on it in the shop,  a customer pulled in he decided to "show" the cart to the customer by pushing the gas pedal with out being in the cart. I guess the gas pedal stuck and the cart took off and rammed my tool box, leaving a 2" x 3" dent on the side. Not only did it dent my box, it tipped forward because some of the drawers flew open. Fortunately it didn't go all the way over due to a bench being in front of it.

At any rate I am not really sure what to do, I would like to seek compensation, particularly since I am still paying off this box. I am going to seek advice from my Matco dealer as well.

Thanks.

kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Definetely your boss should be paying to either replace it or if it isn't damaged bad then repair it or if its fully functional maybe like make a couple payments to your matco guy for you. It sounds stupid that a owner was screwing around.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I'm surprised your boss didn't offer to fix it. I know mine would. I think I would tactfully ask him to pay for the repairs.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
i think any good employer is gonna take care of this. i would. not only that any respectful place of business has insurance for things like this, so dont be fooled. unless of course they dont, and in that case a person with talents such as yourself might want to look for employment elsewhere.
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

If your boss is a standup and responsible man he will compensate you for his faulty actions............If not he might just lose a very valuable employee wich would cost him more than fixing the toolbox.

kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious as to how this turned out.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
Mess with a installers tool box.... boss or not.... wait a minute I am the boss. Anybody screws with my toolbox and they are all mine. The employer should definitely pay for the damage to your personal property or replace it.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
wiringfool 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

got a few laughs out of this one at your expense sorry the boss ought to cough up ever here the saying don't mess with another man tools or in your case toolbox now if it was elcheapo he probably buy you a new one but scence they don't give matco away he's not offering maybe ram toolbox up you know where ha ha

eieioztztzt

wiringfool eieioztztzt
voluster 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

He would be paying or he would have a matching dent in his Dome!

It took me 2 years to pay for my box and if happened to me  someone would have a matching dent!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic