icon

sync transponder, remote start, 95 bmw 318ti

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm away to install a clifford concept 650 with intellistart in my BMW 318ti (Mreg 1995). After doing a little research i found i need to get me a DEI 555B EWS II Immobilizer Interface. so i did but i didn't want to put my only spare key in the box (i only have 2 and having my only spare in the car is just stupid) so what i did was buy a used key the same as mine off ebay. My idea is i want to program the transponder in the key to my car then put that key in the box. What i intend to do is to swap transponder from the ebay key into my spare key, probram/sync transponder then swap back.
My Question is how do i program/sync the transponder to the car's ewsII? is there just a sequence of key-turns/button presses? I have carsoft 6.5. Can i use that to program/sync?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. i havent been able to find any info googling.
Richard
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
It's the wrong by-pass box, you need a 556U, second try getting a valet (grey) key to put in the box, third on that earlier model, remove antenna from ign switch, bury key in it, then just get a £5 key without chip , transponder is irrevelent if you're installing a 650, that's how I do it on the E36, I've done enough of them. I can give it ign lock, deadlock on arming  window close etc. It's about the easiest to do.
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh, we meet again Howie. you are an alarm god!
Cant believe i bought the wrong box, i had to but it from the states. never mind, i'll sell it on ebay. (it said in the listing it would work ebay 555b )
Where will i get a valet key from
What's your view on using a second ring wired to a relay with key/transponder in it?
Could i take the transponder out the key and glue it to the ring?
How do you do the ign and dead lock and windows up? i have a concept 300 installed just now and when i arm it rolls the windows up about 2 inches, thts it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Do not attempt to remove chip, do what I said, save yourself a few squid, cable tie the key into the antenna ring, never had a failure on an E36, the way to make windows roll, deadlock etc, AND make the remote stasrt work are all things I've sweated over the years to understand. First wire the ORANGE / grey 2nd ign to the purple in the car, 1st ign to light green, ground your light flash input, join and connect the white to the BROWN / blue ast the hazard flash, if it's a 650 Mk ll set it for total (comfort) close and run a diode from lock to unlock wire, band to unlock. It's too complicated to explain with an older 650
seaton323 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
I Also Have a problem with my 1996 323i first of all im not sure on all these flash words and stuff but I would like to know how to get my car going again .\I lost my keys so I went to a wreckers to get a replacement barrel plus key and the so called(ring) What I got was a valet key by the looks of it and a barrel witch doesnt have the hole to screw the cable in Witch I dont know what that is any way,um so I wired up the two green wires for the ring a tryed starting my car all it does is turn over ,does ANY BODY have any feed back on what I should be doin or what im not doin properly I have No Idea If there is a step by step way of Insterlation,do I have to program or could I just start It some way with out the transponder system ????
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  

Go no further, go to a BMW dealer and get the right keys. They have to tie in with the transponder. If you had bothered to read my earlier posts, you'd have a spare tied up in the antenna ring by now and be able to use the car.

M3stb, adding total close and diode from lock wire to unlock, band towards unlock will deadlock the car and close the windows provididing the control box is behind the glove box. If its under the instrument panel there's a different method. #also early e36 had all sorts of problems, usually caused by alignment + age with the one touch window closer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic