2003 toyota sequoia rear window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vince_freak 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
hi guys,
I just installed an aps-997 in a 2003 toyota sequoia. everything works fine my only question is that in the factory remote it has a button that rolls down the rear glass window. I was wondering if anyone know where the wire that triggers this is so I can connect it to a channel and have it functioning with the aftermarket remote.
thanks for the help guys
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
I believe this vehicle controls the windows by datalink. The only way to interface the window it to go to the window motor and wire it up directly.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
Well, there is another way. The way i have always done this is to use 2 relays, one to power the dash switch and one to power the ignition itself(since the key has to be on for the switch to work(. I find this easier than running into the back hatch...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
I use one relay and split the output with two diodes, but I otherwise do the same thing Mike does.
Window down: pink/blue at window switch.
You also have to power up one of the car's two ignition wires. I never remember which one; you'll need a little trial and error here.
If the car has a factory alarm, you'll need to either tell the customer to unlock first, or send a ground to the keysense wire during window rolldown as well.
TIP That APS997 has some selectable outputs. If you set it for 10 seconds, the customer won't have to hold the button to roll the rear window down. Just one press, the window will roll down, and then a few seconds later the output from the 997 will time out.
vince_freak 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
do you have any diagrams that would be helpful?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic