icon

prostart rs and ads dlsl ch3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
opasno 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Tried to look through the forums but could not find the right info.

I've got a 08 Dodge Grand Caravan and a ProStart CT-3400TW Remote start unit.  On this forum I've found the idatalink ADS-DLSL CH3 was good for the van so I ordered it.

The ADS-DLSL seems to be quite the product that can do almost everything for you when connecting the starter.  I have read the instructions and have some questions that hopefully someone here can help me with.  All these questions will be regarding what I see on the idatalink install guide.  I do not have a RS232 port on my Prostart so I will be using the standard wiring procedure.

1) There are inputs on the idatalink device that are for lock/arm and another for unlock/disarm (Both neg input).  On my Prostart, I have one wire for each lock, unlock, arm, disarm.  Which ones would I connect to that?

2) There is 1 wire (Red) that is from the idatalink and i'm supposed to put that to 12v to the Prostart.  The Prostart's wires are a heavier guage and there's 2 wires that are coming from it, so should I instead plug those wires straight to the battery instead of that module? (They both are 30A Fused). or will they get enough from that 1 wire out of the idatalink module?

Now that I'm thinking of it, not too sure if I have a factory alarm in the van, but I'll leave that question in there just to make sure and not just connecting wires.

Also, I've gotta say that if this device does what it says it does, thats amazing!  Just from connecting to the CAN high and low, you can get and control pretty much almost everything in the car..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

xghost 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Kinda sucks that the 3400 doesnt have a 232 port. You must got a very old model. Wiring manually tends to take some time, but hey power to ya. CH3 is a great module, but its requies soldering on a board. WIN module, just be careful as they are not cheap from what I hear.

Roll down your driver window and lock the car with the key of fob. Wait a about 1 second and try to open the van from the inside of the driver door. That should tell you if your van has a factory alarm.

Im not sure what you mean bout the ADS module, the ADS module does not output 12v for your remote starter, if thats what your talking about.

For hooking up the 12 volts from the remote starter id refer to your wiring schematic.

Good luck.

monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
Directed Electronics makes a Key Interface for Chrysler and Dodge vehicles with the Wireless Interface Node. This product will also maintain the warranty. Although I have not found anyplace that sells it yet!!
Here if you would like to take a look
http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=CHWFR
opasno 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Monty_77: That interface would be great, but I'm not worried about the connections to the vehicle. But I've got to say that It sounds pretty good seeing it doesn't void any warranty.
The Wife drives quite the bit to work so she's put on the mileage, which is pretty much almost at the warranty's limit.
xghost: The idatalink instructions show a wire going from the idatalink module marked 12v (red) and goes to the remote starter.. 3 wires come out of that harness. ground, 12v, and negative output when running. They all show a connection to the remote start. So I figured that they should be connected as such.
Thanks for your input guys.
xghost 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

You figured right but the module doesnt output power. That is an input. Just hook the 12 volts to your remote starter hot at all times (12V Thick Guage Wire). Ground out when running from the module to the white wire from the remote start unit and ground to ground.

Good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic