< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w8lifter21 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine 500w amp
10" Type R
Sealed enclosure, .65sqft
When I had my setup on the stock Bose using the factory sub wires w/line out converter, the sub sounded pretty good. Now that I changed the radio, sub lost alot when I bypassed my factory amp in my G35 when installing my AVIC-D3
Think I could get a little better/stronger signal if I were to run my 2v RCA outs into the factory amp, and again using the factory sub wires or amp out wires into another LOC and then into the amp? Just seeing if anyone has tried this before and if they liked it.
I've tried those line level boosters on customers cars's........=garbage
Refined Performance Motorsports
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
did you adjust your gains after you changed your setup? if not, you could try to add some gain or maybe a little bass boost(very little). your idea would technically work as far as making a signal but that would be my last resort. also check your crossover settings on the D3 make sure they are not too low
w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I've adjusted and played with all settings on both the amp and the D3. I get clean bass out the sub, it's just not at the same volume as I was at running off the stock sub signal.
Between the two decks, the volume numbers are pretty close to the same.
If I turned the stock deck to volume 15 which was pretty loud, I would have to put the bass all the way down to -6 for it to be a tolerable amout of bass, and it was still beating pretty hard.
Put the avic to the same volume, turn the sub volume all the way up, take hpf off, turn loudness on and set it to high, and put the "interior" bass at +2(right before the stock speakers distort), and I'm right about where the stock radio was at -6.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Not to mention that the Bose system will be EQd for the truck. Your AVIC won't.
I still wouldn't run into the OEM amp before the deck.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
w8lifter21 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Not to mention that the Bose system will be EQd for the truck. Your AVIC won't.
I still wouldn't run into the OEM amp before the deck.

I don't follow what that means lol.  I'm not sending a signal to the AVIC, but from the AVIC, into the stock amp, out of the stock amp, into my Alpine amp.

Just seeing if anyone has done this when their RCA outputs didn't cut it for them.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
why dont you put a LOC on the avic's speaker outputs?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic