the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

radio doesn't stay on anymore after key?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
electricd7 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I bit the bullet and had my remote start/car alarm installed at a local shop on Friday (0 degrees, too cold for me!)  Anyway, it went well, but I have noticed since then that when I turn the key off now, the radio doesn't stay on until the door is opened like it used to.  It also dings real quick when you turn the key off like it would if you had the lights on with the key in or something.  Any idea how I would bring the radio function back, or what would have disabled it?  Thanks!

ED7

advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

We need to know some basic info to be able to help you.

Year, make & model & what you had installed in it.

Good Enough Isn't!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
2006 Ford F150 FX4.  Installed was a Viper 5601 alarm/remote starter.  sorry...
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Does your dome light turn ON after you shut the ignition OFF? I'm guessing yes. It probably didn't do that before. The installer probably hooked up the dome light supervision wire which turns the dome light ON after you shut the vehicle OFF. It also turns the dome light ON when you unlock the doors (before you open a door).
You can turn the "dome light ON when ignition turns OFF" feature to OFF in the programming menu. The installer probably did that so the radio doesn't stay ON if you remote start the truck then shut it down by remote. If you turn the feature OFF the installer may need to hook up the rearm wire to the drivers door trigger to prevent the radio from staying ON if you remote start then shut down via remote.
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I will try turning that feature off and see if the radio stays on at that point.  Thanks!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, here is what I found out.  My dome light turns on after I shut the ignition off.  This worked this way before the installation, so it was a factory feature on my model.  It also turned on when I used the factory keyless or the new keyless.  I went into the menus and the "ignition controlled domelight" feature was turned on.  I turned it off.  After doing this, the radio stays on when I turn the car off until I open the door.  However, the radio does not shut off when it is in remote start and I turn it off with the remote.  It also stays on with the "ignition controlled domelight" setting set to ON as it was originally.  So I guess to solve the equation, what needs to happen so that the radio turns off when the remote start is enabled, and then disabled from the remote?  Also, I haven't checked, but if the remote starter is enabled, then the timer runs out (currently 24 minutes) the radio might stay on in this case as well?  Thanks in advance!

ED7

fordguy06 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
you would need to have the fact alarm rearm wire to pulse the door pin after shutdown. it would fool it into thinking a door was opened when it really wasnt opened after remote start shutdown.
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
OK, so you are saying to take the "factory alarm rearm" wire from the Viper unit and hook it to the door pin on the truck.  I am assuming I can set the output of the "factory alarm rearm" wire to pulse, and it puts out a 12v pulse which I hook to which wire on my truck? I am going to try this myself, but just need to know which wire on the truck to hook it to.  Thanks!  Also, when is the factory alarm rearm wire actually pulsed?  Is it after the timer expires on a remote start, as well as when I turn the remote start off using the fob?  Essentially this hookup would solve both problems?  Thanks.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
GREEN / WHITE in a (5 or 6 pin red harness if memory serves correct, should be right next to a GREEN/ black wire) connect it to your door pin, it provides a negative pulse
DOOR TRIGGER       BLACK / YELLOW (-) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, GRAY Plug, Pins 22
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I found it. LIGHT GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT in 8-pin connector.  So I am going to run that to the door trigger.  This won't keep my alarm from arming since it will think the door is open will it, or cause the alarm to go off when the car is deactivated from remote start when the alarm is armed?  Says it will activate anytime the remote start is shutdown or when the door is locked using the remote.  Thanks, if it works like it should, it shouldn't be too hard.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic