528t pulse timer newby

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bw_kc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Just found this forum - looks to be a great resource.  I did check the relay section and didn't find my answer.  Here's my question.

I've got an 69 Mustang with a "tilt-away" wheel.  The tilt-away wheel uses a door switch connected to a relay to activate a vacuum motor.  After three failed repair attempts I've decided to remove the vacuum motor and install a (street rod door popper) to tilt the wheel when the door is opened.

Here's what has to happen.

1. Door is opened, 2. Door switch triggers a relay, 3. Relay sends a 1 second pulse to the door popper.

I need a momentary pulse so that the door popper does not stay engaged if the door is left open.

I purchased a DEI 528T Pulse Timer and can't figure out how to wire this for this application.

Bart
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
connect the RED and YELLOW wires from the 528t to 12v. the BLACK wire to ground. the BLACK/ WHITE wire will connect to the door pin switch. connect the BROWN from the 528t to the door popper and adjust the output time with the adjustment screw. insulate the ORANGE wire, you wont use it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2009 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again CK I'd forgotten  the damn thing's part number and I've been building them myself from Velleman kits, although it ain't worth it time wise. H. 
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2009 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
yea, i used to just build mine as well using a relay and capacitors and resistor, but.....why bother with that when this thing is fully adjustable anyway and can be purchased for less than $8 when you buy enough of them at the right time. my time just is worth more than that, and besides, i use that 528T for soooo many other things i just have to have a dozen or so on hand regardless.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
DEI also market a smaller pc board pattern relay (8166?) with about 10amps capacity, pre-wired again at their prices it ain't worth buying a batch and wiring them up especially when I got the brown and orange crossed over last time I ran up a few.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic