icon

02 mdx factory alarm bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hasnanajmal 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Ulra Start system in my 2002 Acura MDX. The vehicle starts off fine as far as starting the car. The only thing is the factory alarm goes off if i remote start the vehicle. I have to unlock with the Factory remote to disarm the factory alarm then start the car with the other remote and the alarm doesnt go off this way. I conected the factory disarm wire to the Blue wire as stated in the vehicle wiring diagram but still goes off. Here's the diagram.
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-): BLACK/ Red To Blue
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire Location: At Drivers Door Lock Key Cylinder
What does BLACK/ Red to Blue mean? Does this mean I have to connect this factory disarm wire from my remote start unit to the BLACK/ Red wire instead of the Blue?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of is maybe the wire is Black with a red stripe and it changes to blue along it's path. Audiovox has different colors listed but they do not tell you where they are located. Look for these colors at the keyswitch in drivers door.
     Battery          WHITE          (+)          IN CONNECTOR IN DRIVER'S KICKPANEL          
     Ignition 1          BLACK / YELLOW          (+)          IN CONNECTOR IN DRIVER' S KICKPANEL          
     Starter 1          BLACK/ WHITE          (+)          IN CONNECTOR IN DRIVER'S KICKPANEL          
     All Door Trigger          BLACK/ WHITE          (-)          AT DOME LIGHT SWITCH          
     Alarm Disarm          BLUE/SILV DOTS          
     Alarm Arm          BLUE/WHITE          
     Parking Lights          RED / BLACK          (+)          ABOVE DRIVER'S SIDE FUSEBOX
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

Did you test the blue wire you are using with a volt meter to see if it goes to ground when using the key in the drivers door to unlock?

The disarm wire is blue @ the drivers door module underneath the power window/power lock switches.

Good Enough Isn't!
hasnanajmal 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Does the door have to be closed to find the wire or the alarm has to be armed?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
hasnanajmal wrote:
Does the door have to be closed to find the wire or the alarm has to be armed?
It doesn't matter if the door is open or closed, or if the alarm is armed or not.
The disarm wire will test as a ground when you turn the key in the driver's door to the unlock position.
But if you use the search feature here, you should be able to find posts about how to do arm and disarm at the passenger fuse box. Much easier than going into the door.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic