icon

02 odyssey ex, alarm/remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alaskanoob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the door wiring diagram from the manual.
Violet and Violet/black wires are not connected at the moment.
The others are connected as shown.
02 odyssey ex, alarm/remote start wiring - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

My alarm siren is a positive trigger. How can I hook up my horns to go off with the siren? and also beep when locking the doors?[/QUOTE]

You could hook up a 5 pin relay to your siren,  hook pin 85 to 12volt constant (+), pin 86 would go to your horn wire (-), pin 30 would also get hooked to 12 volt constant or hook it up to pin 85, then hook pin 87 to your siren (+).  The only thing with this setup is when you press your horn your siren will go of too

james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I may have miss read your question, if you meant your siren output on your alarm unit is (+) and you want your horn to go off as well then  you would hook up pin 85 on your relay to your siren output, then hook up pin 86 to ground, next hook up pin 30 to ground  or hook it in with 86, and finally hook pin 87 to your horn wire, good luck
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
[quote]
2. I can remote start the car with the key in the ignition so I know my wiring is correct but when I try to use the bypass [dei 555H], the car just cranks. All the wiring is correct except the key sense wire. I hooked that up to the only blue/white wire I could find around the steering column. Any specifics on where that wire is supposed to go? The instructions for the 555h says that the key sense is looking for a (-) signal when the key is in the ignition. I didn't find that wire in the vehicle wiring database.[/QUOTE]
BUMP!!!!
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me where the "KEY SENSE" wire on the 555h bypass module is supposed to connect in the 02 Honda Odyssey?
The car remote starts fine if the key is in the ignition but I can't get the 555H bypass to work!
SoundImage 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
key sense if blue white at ignition switch.  Are you able to learn the key some honda keys will not learn if this is the case you will have to try programming with another key.  read the instructions carefully on the 555h if you don't have them i could e-mail you as copy
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
SoundImage wrote:
key sense if blue white at ignition switch.  Are you able to learn the key some honda keys will not learn if this is the case you will have to try programming with another key.  read the instructions carefully on the 555h if you don't have them i could e-mail you as copy
The module has a solid light for a few seconds when I remote start and then the Led turns off, which according to the directions means it programmed but the car won't start. If I leave the key in the ignition in the off position, it remote starts fine. As soon as I remove the key again, no dice so it's definitely a problem with the module.
Heres the full thread I have on my issues
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=110867&KW=alaskanoob
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic