icon

2003 ford van, factory keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

I have a customer with a 2003 Ford E-series van w/factory keyless entry only. The original Ford factory remotes have somehow lost programming. I followed the instructions in the owners manual. I can get into programming mode by cycling the ignition 8 times. The doors will lock & unlock to tell me that I'm there. Then I press any button on either of the 2 transmitters & nothing happens, ever. The batteries are perfect.

Any suggestions?

Good Enough Isn't!
skablamm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
You push the lock on the remote. You sure they are the right factory remotes...original with that vehicle not just new ones they got to replace lost/stolen ones? or it could be dealer added keyless......
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
quoted from: http://programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=126
1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door
     locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm
    programming.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to
     confirm programming.
4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
----------------------------------------------------
if that doesn't work, could be the wrong remotes or just bad remotes. maybe bad keyless brain
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

I'm taking the customers word that these are the original remote transmitters. I tried that exact procedure as described above & it doesn't work. Thanks for that link though; I often have a need for that info.

Remotes look real good-not beat up or water damaged or anything. I opened them up & everything looks great under a magnifying glass. Batteries are perfect. Battery connections are perfect. Maybe I have a bad keyless brain, as suggested. I don't know if it's a dealer-added keyless. I haven't looked for the brain yet.

These are the #'s on back of each remote.

3B-F87B-15K601-AB

4B-F87B-15K601-BB

FCCID: GQ43VT11T

CAN: 1470 102 326

Good Enough Isn't!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic