icon

pioneer 4ch amp with 10 in sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys im trying to get my girlfriend just a little bit of bass she is jealous of mine haha, but i got a real good deal on a pioneer tsw251r 10 inch sub $25 bucks brand new with a box from circuit haha, and i already have a pioneer 4 channel amp that have had for a while since my last system, now the amp is 60 wats rms x4 at 4 ohms and the sub is rated at 120 rms, so i was wondering if it would be ok or sound good if i bridged 2 of the channels on the amp and wired that to the sub and the other 2 channels to her back 5x7 speakers? never brigded a 4 channel amp before so didnt know if it would work but i dont see why not, goin into a 97 mustang by the way, thanks
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
 I would bridge 2 channels of the amp to the sub...........but i would use the other 2 channels to amplify the FRONT speakers and run the rears off the hu
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
oh alright and why is that? I just figured it would be easier to catch the speakers right at the back below them where the amp and sub are going but its no prob hookin them to the fronts, just mainly wanted to make sure that it can be done and will sound alright obviously for being a cheap set up lol
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

ccityroadshop wrote:
oh alright and why is that? I just figured it would be easier to catch the speakers right at the back below them where the amp and sub are going but its no prob hookin them to the fronts, just mainly wanted to make sure that it can be done and will sound alright obviously for being a cheap set up lol

You want to run the power to the fronts and bridged to the sub as said above. The reason for the power on the front is. It will sound better. It helps to set your front stage. Balancing out the listening position at the front. Which is where the midbass and highs are supposed to come from. Im sure there are many more SQ guys around here that can go MUCH more in depth than i can about this. But that is the basic reason.

pioneer 4ch amp with 10 in sub? - Last Post -- posted image.
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
alright so im doing this install in the morning, and had a couple more questions to check up on, she has pioneer 5x7s all around and a kenwood deck that only has one pair of pre-outs on the back of it, since i am running a 4 ch. amp and will require 2 pair of rca's, what is the best way to go about doing this get a 4ch. line out converter or is there some kind of splitter i can use off her one pair of pre-outs? also on this pioneer GM-6200F 4 ch. amp does it matter which channels i bridge? like just the top left positive to the top right neg.? then the bottom 2 channels each to a front door speaker? and lastly do you guys really think the pioneer 10 inch sub i got her will sound better in the trunk or back seat? it is in a sealed 1 cubic foot box, goin in a 97 mustang, thanks
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

ccityroadshop wrote:
alright so im doing this install in the morning, and had a couple more questions to check up on, she has pioneer 5x7s all around and a kenwood deck that only has one pair of pre-outs on the back of it, since i am running a 4 ch. amp and will require 2 pair of rca's, what is the best way to go about doing this get a 4ch. line out converter or is there some kind of splitter i can use off her one pair of pre-outs? also on this pioneer GM-6200F 4 ch. amp does it matter which channels i bridge? like just the top left positive to the top right neg.? then the bottom 2 channels each to a front door speaker? and lastly do you guys really think the pioneer 10 inch sub i got her will sound better in the trunk or back seat? it is in a sealed 1 cubic foot box, goin in a 97 mustang, thanks

You can split it with a rca spliter. But you will lose the ability of fade control from the deck. You may want to run the sub (bridge channels) off the rca's and do a line converter for the fronts using the front lines at the deck. As for placement i would say in the trunk facing the trunk wall. This will allow for the standing wave to build before being sent forward, Not to mention she will still have a back seat. You never know you might get to use it after you do the install pioneer 4ch amp with 10 in sub? - Last Post -- posted image.

pioneer 4ch amp with 10 in sub? - Last Post -- posted image.
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
haha awesome man like how you think pioneer 4ch amp with 10 in sub? - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic