the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

help installing 529t power window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
HI, IM installing a POWER WINDOW MODULE DEI MODEL # 529T in a mercedes 190e (1986) with power window, and I have a PRESTIGE PLATINUM APS 785. and I have no idea how to installed, I tryed all day and It did not work, I know im doing something wrong.. the wires from ther 529T I dont understand a word how to installed, if you could please help me installing it.
the wires are
BLUE= Motor Side 1
Gray= (-) Through activation, side 1
Brown= Swith, side 1
Orange= (-) Activation Input, side 1
Black (-) chassis Ground
Gray/Black= (-) OUTPUT Through Activation, side 2
Red= (+) 12V constant
ORANGE / black= (-) Activation Input, side 2
Green= Motor , Side 2
White+ switch, side2
The only two THat I know how to connect then is the Red wich is power and black which is ground (lol) but the other i dont know where they goes... PLEASE help me.
thank you
sebastian
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
1986 MBZ 190E
driver side front window
UP = Black
DOWN = Green
driver side rear window
UP = BLACK/ Pink
DOWN = Grenn/Black
Passenger side front window
UP = BLACK/ White
DOWN = GREEN/ YELLOW
Passenger side rear window
UP = Blue/White
DOWN = GREEN/ Red
all wires found at center console switch
the 529T will only work for 2 windows up, so 2 529Ts will be needed for all 4 windows.
example using front windows:
upon arming the alarm, the windows will roll up. Using the Orange "ground when armed" wire, diode isolate from the starter kill and use to activate the 529T for roll up.
529T wires > MBZ Wires
blue > black window motor side
brown > black window switch side
Green > green window motor side
White > green window switch side
orange and ORANGE / black > alarms orange wire
red to 12V+
black to chassis ground
the window wires must be cut and the 529T inserted inline. This allows the 529T to control the windows when needed, but let the switches continue to work as normal. The motor side and switch sides are just that, when you cut the UP or DOWN wires, one side is from the switch, to test this, with the wire cut, push the switch for rolling the window up, if the wire shows 12V+, thats the correct switch side wire. The other side is the motor side, to test this, using a clip test lead, clip one side to 12v+ and then using a 5amp fuse inline, touch the fuse blade to the suspected motor wire, the window should move up, if the fuse blows right way....wrong wire. do not use a higher rated fuse for the test.
to test for good operation, leave the orange wire for last and simply touch it to ground to activate the 529T for easy testing.
Viper Equipped
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
THanks, But Look Today I spent all day and I make it works both windows Works, But one of the factory Windows fuses blows whenever both factory switches are used at the same time, I was reading and tomorrow I will try to use two relay not one like the way im using now. One relay to one windows and the other to the other windows? what do you think about. thank you for your help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic