the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

tach issue, 94 voyager, scytek 2000rs-2w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote starter someone brought me a last year into their 94 Voyager. It is a Scytek 2000RS-2W and it worked fine until now. It starts fine when the vehicle is warm and the weather is not below 0, but when it is cold, the starter will not stay engaged long enough to start the vehicle. I tried re-learning the tach and that did not help. There is no way of adjusting the tach in the programming features, and I haven't tried tachless mode yet, but I can't imagine that would work very well if the tach mode isn't working.
I guess I am wondering if there is a way to trick the unit into cranking longer or some other idea of getting this thing to work when it is cold. I do plan on trying to locate another tach source, but on my first glance at the engine I couldn't see any injectors. I am hooked up at the negative side of the coil now.
Thanks
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
at the COIL PACK, use the GRAY or GRAY/BLACK, RED / YELLOW or BLUE / YELLOW. or if you switch and use the tackless mode, your unit should sense the voltage increase to know it's running

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic