icon

2008 scion tc remote start add on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laoreflxzn 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
I need help on adding a remote start to a 2008 Scion TC Keyless Entry Module. First I need the wiring for the starting part. Then I need to find out where can I get a trigger to start the OEM Remote Start module. I think I need a trigger from the lock signal. From the install manual I need three consecutive pulse, so I figure I can get three lock signal. Does anyone know where I can get this from? Any help would be great. Thanks.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Wiring should be the same as the '07, which is already posted. Check the Vehicle Wiring tool.
You may want to reconsider doing an add-on remote start on that particular car, and install an RS/keyless entry combo unit or at least a 1-button remote start with a dedicated remote. The problem is that the factory keyless entry remote will not work with the ignition on. This will result in:
1. Once the remote start is activated, it can't be remotely shut down, and it will run until the brake pedal is pressed or it times out. This will be a nuisance when you decide not to go out after all.
2. The doors will always have to be unlocked via the key whenever the remote start is used, which is likely to be when it's colder and wetter outside and hence the key cylinder is more likely to be frozen.
If you're so inclined despite that, you'll have to find the lock motor lead(should be blue in the driver's kick area) to use as your starting source. If the remote start has a (+) activation input, that can be connected directly. (-) activation inputs will require a relay.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
laoreflxzn 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the fast repsonse. One last question, does this vehicle come with chip in the keys? I did one on an xA and it wasn't chipped. Can you verified or how do I check it before the install. Thanks.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
All new Tc's have an immobilizer key, so a bypass will be needed...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic