the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

where to mount the valet button?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
dont worry about really hiding the valet button, just keep it out of sight. be more worried about hiding the wires because a half decent thief will easily trace it back to the brain
slashman 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for that, you've given me some very good ideas.

I'm thinking of mounting it behind one of the relays in the fuse box inside the car.  Remove relay, drill hole and mount valet button.  When I need to use it i'll just remove the relay and it's there.  The wires will also be taped up so it's all integrated in the factory loom.  Easy to access and well hidden.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
I miss being young and having all of your disposable energy. That is a very clever place to mount the button.
slashman 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm 25, young, but not that young :(
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
I miss being young and having all of your disposable energy. That is a very clever place to mount the button.
'

good think is im still young ! do all the fun things ahah. just no income... too busy with school for a job. side installs are the best i can do for now

hopefully these good words will make you feel better. "i am an idiot" your not old ! maybe were all just really young. ever think about that? :)

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
As someone said earlier, it really doesn't matter where you mount it,  they're going to go for the Siren.  What vehicle have you got?  Ref growing old I don't know what to do when I grow up. Maybe I can teach LAMS how and where to require or not and wire relays, talking of LAMS any one read the two grantoser posts and had a good laugh?  PS not a new idea Craig, open my lower dash cubby cover and there's my Cliffnet Wiz lead.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
I usually install them up under somewhere. In a place where you have to reach for it and feel it, but you can't see it. Like in the top of the fuse panel, pop off the cover and reach up to feel it, and its not visible. Or in the top of the glove box. Just open the glove box and reach up to feel for it. I do it above the ashtray like that too.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic