small, adjustable time delay 12v relay.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_oswald 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Good morn', and a bump.
I wanted to drop in and let everyone know that while I appreciated your input, I found a solution in a circuit made by reuk. I ended up specially ordering four circuits, each with adjustable on and off times down to tenths-of-a-second.
I also ended up going with a 14.4 setup with a nice, dandy Makita Li-on battery pack. Mmmm.
So, thanks for your input - that's the end gameplan.
wiringfool wrote:
here a simple idea would gun lock timers that are used for approx 15 sec time on work the amp capacity should be fine and might be easier to work in that config
Unfortunately, that wouldn't have worked for the purpose - the on time is far, far too large. After I ran my tests with the heating elements and the hypercolor material, I needed on times as low as half-a-second and off times just about two seconds.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

Will the circuits provide the "random" color change patterns you are after?  If you don't mind me asking how much were the four circuits your ordered?

Great thinking on a drill battery - I've used them for small projects from time to time and they are a great source for power.

Kevin Pierson
_oswald 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Will the circuits provide the "random" color change patterns you are after?  If you don't mind me asking how much were the four circuits your ordered?

Great thinking on a drill battery - I've used them for small projects from time to time and they are a great source for power.

They'll be random enough. Each one of them will be set independently of the others, so they'll at least seemingly 'pulsate', which is well enough. Each one was about 17 euros... or pounds. Whatever it was.
It'll be worth it in the end. Best superhero costume I've ever done. :)
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
what an awesome project! post pics when you are finished.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic