the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 rendevous odomoter out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I put a 5900SST in an 04 Buick Rendevous about two weeks ago. The customer called about three hours after the install was complete and said that her odometer light & shift indicator light were not working. I asked her to shut the car off then just start the vehicle with the key only. She said the problem remained. There are no error lights, and I know for a fact I hooked everything up properly. The vehicle r/s'ed several times before it left my shop and this problem never occurred. Any ideas as to what could have caused this? Factory defect? Kinda coincidental that it happened just after a remote start installation. Car is coming back on Friday for further analysis.
xghost 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
I had a similar problem on a 01 Aztek. After remote starter was installed the od went out on the cluster. So I tapped on the dash and the lights (leds) lit back up. So mine was a factory defect. Hopefully yours is as well.
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you sir
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Recently did a 01 PT Cruiser and some of the lights on the instrument cluster went out,when the customer came back i hit the dash above the cluster and some of the lights came back on ,some didn't,but then i read on the pt cruiser forum that those cars are notorious for the lights going out in those clusters,fortunately the bulbs are easy to change.
triniforever

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic