icon

01 tahoe remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jackylindsay 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a bulldog remote start on my 01 tahoe. My problem is that I could not find the 2nd ignition wire. The directions i used said to connect the 2nd ignition wire which is white but the only ignition wire i found is pink. Am I over looking the 2nd ignition wire or is it not located under the steering column with the first ignition wire?

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
The second ignition wire is smaller gauge than the pink primary ignition.....I'd say half the size. Test to be sure.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Should be right there with all the other wires. It's not quite as thick as the rest.
So, coming down the column, straight down, you've got the red, RED / black, yellow, and pink.
And then there's another bundle that comes down, but goes abruptly off to the left, with the orange, brown, and white.
Note that in this car, the Ignition 2 wire comes on very early as you move the key.
That is, when testing the wire, begin with the key all the way in the Off posistion, as it already will show power when you just nudge the key forward (even before the radio turns on).
P.S. If you don't connect the Ignition 2 wire, the remote start will seem to work OK at first, but shortly thereafter the transmission will go into limp-home mode........make sure not to give up until you really do find it.
jackylindsay 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

I found the second ignition wire. Now when I try to remote start it it just cranks for half a second and wont start. Before I found the second inition wire  I hooked it up to the pink ignition wirethe to see if everything would work until i found the second ignition wire.  It remote started and worked fine except for the service light and the bad shifting problems. I only hooked it up to the first ignition wire to see if everything would work until i found the second ignition wire.  After I swithed the ignition wires it wont start. I checked the passlock module and reprogrammed it but still nothing. It does remote start though if i turn the key to the run position which to me sounds like a passlock problem but when I program the passlock module it shows that it is programmed correctly. Can anyone help me out wih this? The paslock II module is a DEI 556lw.

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
When you say you "switches the ignition wire" are you saying you disconnected the pink wire and connected the wire wire instead? If so, thats wrong. They BOTH need to be connected. If your remote start doesn't have enough ign outputs, use a relay to add a second output.
jackylindsay 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
It does have two ignition outputs but it says to only hook up the second one. I will try to hook up the first one aslo and see what that does.
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
NO, you have to power BOTH the Pink and the White...
jackylindsay 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

It is working. Thanks for the help everyone!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic