icon

components for 2004 civic ex coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I've been out of the scene for a few years and was interested in some components to replace the stock driver and tweets up front. I've been intrigued by CDT components for awhile and found a good deal on a CL-62 set. For power I just have a MRP-t220 giving 50 watts x 2 @ 4ohms, which does not provide much to these, but better than stock. Fitting these in is also a concern. I planned to place 1" MDF rings in to mount the speaker onto to allow for clearance away from the window when its down. Though I believe the depth for the speaker is 2-7/8" making it a tight fit. Does anyone have experience with this set in a 2004 Civic?
I also have a MRP-M350 giving 350 x 1 @ 2 ohms if I decide to add a sub. So in total the system would draw 450 watts. I'm thinking this would be a bit much for the stock 70 amp alt. Anyone think this would cause issues? Thanks!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Upgrade the big 3, get a GOOD audio battery (audio force, kinetik, etc..) and you'll be fine!
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
I had a 1995 civic with a crossfire 1000d on 3 12s. I did the big 3 and a small 800 series 2nd batt. Never had any trouble whats so ever. no light flash at all ever and it had no problems handling that current draw and the charging of the 2nd battery. So you should be more than fine with just a good batt and the big 3.
components for 2004 civic ex coupe - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic