1999 grand cherokee and xk531 bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amatoo04 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
I am installing a viper 1400xpl in a 1999 Jeep grand Cherokee laredo and currently I am using the xk531 bypass (no rf loop needed as the jeep does not have immobilizer.. realized this after i bought the bypass).
Currently door locks, domelight, parking lights, and horn honk (only on lock) work with the bypass. I have yet to test the defrost.
Anyways my questions are:
There is an orange wire off the bypass called panic.. what should i hook this up to? Will it allow me to press panic on my viper remote and the horn will honk/ lights flash?
When setting option 5 on the bypass to have the windows roll up with lock, do i need to change a setting on the remote start brain also. I pressed locked twice or held it down and nothing happened.
Lastly, is there a way to have the lights stay constant while the car is remote started? i changed the settings in the menu but to no avail.
thanks for any help
-Zach
get wired 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the orange wire can be connected to your trunk release opt to trigger panic mode (vehicle locator)

From reading the directions it seems to me that when you connect the lock wire to the module, and the roll up feature is on, it will also roll up your windows when the car is locked with the remote starter remote. No settings should need to be changed, double check your programming. If that's not it your car may not be compatible with this feature. I would assume that would be part of your factory security options, if you don't have a chip in your key you prob don't have a factory alarm.

Your parking light options should be listed in your install manual. I don't have any more info on that because I can't find your specific model of starter. Are you sure your numbers and letters are correct?

Scott Gillis
Owner of Get Wired
Massachusetts
amatoo04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, its the python 1400xp essentially with SST technology
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/product.aspx?Productid=613
install manual looks the same as the 1400xp. well, close enought.
So if i hook up the orange wire from the bypass to the trunk release wire i can enable panic? RED / White on main harness right?
get wired 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Yup RED / wht.

To keep your park lights on: 1) Turn your key on then off, 2) hold your program button until the led flashes twice, 3) press and release the button five times and hold it on the fifth press, (your led should flash four times), 4) press lock on your remote and the led should turn on, then press unlock on the remote and the led should turn off.  Your parking lights will now stay on when started.

Scott Gillis
Owner of Get Wired
Massachusetts
amatoo04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks. Ill probably set it to latched so i dont have to hold down the button the whole time the car is in panic mode.
I'm wondering if the defrost will work over the comm wire on the bypass. It says so in the manual but I will have to check it out, if not i will just to a relay.
jac1502 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2009 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
I am not having any luck using a resistor on the yellow for the parking lights. I have also tried a negative signal to 30 pin on the parking light relay. Any suggestions?
jc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic