relay for accessory

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Matrix7333 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I am installing a remote start/alarm system which has 1 accessory wire.  My vehicle has three.  How would I wire a relay to have all three accesory wire powered for remote operation?

Thanks

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
You may not need all 3 wires, if you find you do need all 3 the following will help you.
3 relays, terminal 87 of first relay to acc 1, 87 of second to acc 2, 87 of third relay to acc 3. The rest of this info pertains to all 3 of the relays. Ground terminal 85 of all 3 relays. Acc output from your alarm to 86 of each relay. Constant 12 volts to 30 on each relay.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

Use Diodes  Tie inputs together and outputs to each one you want to trigger

input 1 -----I>I----- output 1

input 2 -----I>I----- output 2

input 3 -----I>I----- output 3

https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
Matrix7333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

Actually, heres my dilemna.  I  am installing a RS (autopage RS-1000) in my 2006 Escalade EXT.  All the wire diagrams say there are 2 Ignition wires, 1 constant and 2 Accessory.  I have probed  all the wires and found 1 pink ignition 2 constant (1 red and 1 RED / white) and three accesory. (brown, orange and 1 whitish almost yellow).  I had a RS installed before and my check engine light would come before and the only wire I was not powering up was this third accesory wire which is actually right beside the other two accessory wires.

I would lose power if I drove the vehicle unless I shutdown by remote and then started with the key.  Thanks for the setup above as this took care of that.

Thanks

Matrix7333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

are you saying to put a diode across each trigger from the RS to Relay, I hooked it all up before I saw your reply but can make changes if need be because I still have everthing open.  I am just programming features now and trying to figure out how to diode isolate the four door triggers.

Thanks

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
He was giving you an option without using the relays.  If you were to do it without the relays you should use diodes larger than 1 amp diodes.  If you used the relays and are having no problems with the setup, leave it as it is. 
Matrix7333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

ok, i thought it was unsafe to do so without relays.  I have a lot of both at the house but prefer the relay method.

Thanks for all your help.  It works and I love this Autopage RS-1000 compared to my CodeAlarm CA670.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic