icon

bypassing the ignition interlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
troutman99 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
 My girlfriend and I want to know about the remote start process. Is this the connecting of wires to start a car without a key and do you simply connect the wires or do you tie them together. Also, on most cars, where are these important wires. Many times we have lost  our keys and pondered this question. We only want to know out of curiosity and to understand the wiring and geographical area of the remote start ignition interlock bypass wiring. Thanks guys. Little by little we are getting it.
fishman
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

are you talking about a breathalizer ignition interlock? it is illegal to "bypass" one so nobody is going to describe how its done.

as for a remote start, basically whats happening it an external devise controlled via transmiter, mimics what happens when a lock cylinder is turned to activate the ignition switch in a vehicle. they also incorporate some safety shutdown features as well as engine monitoring such as monitoring the engine RPM according to the tach signal, or the voltage increase from a charging alternator.

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

troutman99 wrote:
...do you simply connect the wires or do you tie them together... 

That is one in the same.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

troutman99 wrote:
...Also, on most cars, where are these important wires...

Almost always, they are located at the steering column. However, most new vehicles have a feature to defeat Hot Wiring of the vehicle.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Come and work for me for a few years  and we might be able to answer some of your questions, you are really asking how long is a piece of string.
troutman99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
 Hey Howie, and thanks guys. Well we were just pondering where near the steering column that the wires are. Is it in the dash behind the steering column. I also heard that you can break off the opposite side of the ignition, shove a flathead screwdriver in and turn any new car on. I am not a criminal but just interested. What kind of job do you have for me Howie. Thanks.
fishman
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
The first thing would be for you to remove your tongue from your cheek bypassing the ignition interlock -- posted image.  The first answer is the obvious one, coming out of the rear of the ignition switch.  Unfortunately for you most (all in Europe since 1994, officially from 1-1-97) have an electronic immobilisation system (transponder).  Ripping the key barrel apart on a modern car is a no-no and many "ignition" systems are data, this is a whole different can (anyone like that pun?) of worms. I think you need an hour's background on  modern ign /starting systems then some hands on digging around for a week before I could look at your employment, anyway  why come here,  we've 8" of snow everything's shut down and it's 25f. out there.
troutman99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
 So I hear about the snow in the UK.. So on most all vehicles pre 1996 you can rip apart the key barrel and start the car with a flathead screwdriver. Can you tell me the easiest way to rip apart the key barrel. My girlfriend and I are going to try this method on oiur car just for fun. Its a Toyota. Thanks Howie. Stay warm. Oh yeah, howie, can you tell me the best place to learn about ignition switches and steering columns on the net or is 12 volt the best.
fishman
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
troutman are you a car theif?
troutman99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
  No, but I am interested in learning about this topic. You never know when this knowledge might come in handy.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic