icon

92 s-10, remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, 1992 S10 pickup. There is no immobilzer or passkey or anything.  I've got a remote start problem.   It's an older model been working fine for probably 10 years or more. It's a Crimestopper system.  I think it's like RS-775 or RS 776 or something like that. Now sometimes when I hit the remote start button and it goes to start, it barely begins to crank then stops. After a second try it does the same thing and stops altogether.  The problem is that it's intermittent. Quite often it works just fine. It's acting like the starter wire isn't always getting the needed voltage. I was gonna try and put my multimeter on it and see what happens. The problem is as I mentioned earlier, it doesn't happen all the time. I'd hate to tear my dash apart and get into probing the wire and having it start just  fine especially since it's always cold around here.  The relay is on board so, I can't just swap it out. Have any of you had this or, have a good troubleshooting idea? As you can see by my post total, I'm not new around here so I should be able to understand what you are saying.

The truck never has any problems starting with the key so, it's definitely in the remote start system.

james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
You should check your ground wire on the remote start unit, it may be loose or rusted.  Do you ever have this problem with just the key?
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. No, there is no problem with just the key. There also is no problem with the rest of the alarm system including the door locks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic