icon

sub enclosure for 2005 dodge ram qc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfo76 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking to build a fibreglass type subs enclosure.  I want to put 2-10" Kicker CVR's and Kicker ZX1000 amp and a cap (under the rear bench).  I'm looking for any ideas on how to build as this is my first time. 

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
You can easily raise that seat 3 inches and the back will still lock into the hooks on the rear wall.  The extra room really helps out a lot.  Let me know if you are interested.  
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
I've made an enclosure for that truck before and let me say that raising the seat up like i am an idiot said is a good idea. It will give you a lot more room for your enclosure.
I don't know what the mounting depth of the CVRs is but it may be a must to raise your seats to get the subs to fit. I remember having a very small mounting depth when I made an enclosure for that truck.
What I would recommend it taping off the entire bottom under the seat. Then cut up a bunch of pieces of mat and fiberglass the bottom first. That will give you a nice bottom piece that fits perfectly.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2009 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
It is very easy to do. Remove 1 of the seat bolts and bring it to an industrial bolt store. I think there are 6 bolts total that you need to purchase. Count them before you go. You need bolts of the same diameter and thread count as the factory bolt, it just needs to be 3-1/2 or 4 inches long. You will need to get some 3 inch long couplers for the next size up bolt. Make sure your bolts will slide through the couplers easily. Remove all of the seat bolts, raise one end of the seat place coupler under seat, run the bolt through the seat and coupler and into the stock hole on the floor. Repeat for all other seat bolts. It takes a little effort to get the seat back under the hooks, not difficult at all, you just have to make sure the seat bottom is as high as you can get it when you press the seat back against the wall of the truck.
We usually cut the metal of the storage compartments out and put a pair of 12s forward firing. We use 3/4 mdf and are able to get the air space for the 12s. The box does stick out and is flush with the top of the seat. But boy does it sound good.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic