icon

autodialer and web cam setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rubicrawler_lj 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

My Jeep got burglarized this weekend, they unzipped the driver's side back window and helped themselves to the contents of my Jeep. I have an older Autopage alarm, one of the first models to have the "one mile range". The reason I got nailed is that I forgot to enable the siren before going away. That's what I get for being considerate to my neighbors. Obviously, none of my neighbors noticed the flashing parking lights!

In a perfect world I would be able to setup an autodialer and web cam to a hidden "pay as you go" cell phone and to call my home and cell to hopefully bust the punks in the act!

I have searched the internet but I have not found such a setup, I cannot believe that I am the only one that would want this option.

Question:  Does anyone have a lead on an autodialer setup?

BTW, I found a way to setup a "pay as you go" cell phone as a GPS tracking system. With the economy in the tank and unemployment rising, vehicle thefts and burglaries are only going to escalate!

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=67764

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
DEI have a system here which does just that and tracks the vehicle.
rubicrawler_lj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have a model #?

TIA

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
this would be a little extreme but look into a cellular backup device for a home alarm like ADT or who ever. i believe you can set these to call whatever number you want and they are 12v devices and they have inputs that can be hooked up to your existing alarm so that when the alarm goes off it triggers the cell backup to give you a call. the only problem i can think of is if you left it alone for about a day without starting your car it would die or send you a low voltage false alarm because they are supposed to send a signal if the power gets cut
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I think it's called Call guard but naturally it's made here and only works on the Euro GSM system, via a SIM card. To make it work in North America, you'd have to run with AT&T or TMobile and change the frequencies. Back in the day, 1986 or thereabouts, you could set up early Motorola TACs car phones to an alarm mode. Sending a neg signal to the mute when the alarm was triggered to make it call a preset number. When you answered you heard a siren tone. The camera part's easy, again you trigger it with the siren output from the alarm.
rubicrawler_lj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to look into home alarm systems autodialers, I totally missed the fact that most probably run on 12 VDC.  Need to find out their drain and find a solar panel to match.  Because the Jeep sits for for about 2 weeks at a time, I already have, make that had a small solar panel on the dash to trickle charge the battery.

Thanks

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2009 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
a solar panel would solve your problem of charging, i know someone who has one of these on his boat and he uses a solar panel. as far as i know all home alarm systems run on 12v from a transformer that gets plugged into a wall socket and they use normal 12v 7A batteries as a backup in case the power goes out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic