icon

adding 507m leveling sensor to python 900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcgilles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having an issue...I am adding a DEI 507M leveling sensor to a Python 900 security system. I am having a bizarre problem and was wondering if some experts on here could help.
I have the sensor connected, B+ to the red wire, Orange wire to the alarm brain's orange ground while armed wire, and the blue wire hooked up to the wiring harness for the field disturbance sensor following some advice I read on this forum, cut the blue wire in that harness and used that blue wire as the trigger for the level sensor.
when this is all hooked up, my alarm siren goes off, slowly and vary faintly. a voltmeter on the siren's brown wire indicates anything from 100mV to 1V of power on that wire when there should be none. this is with the alarm off and the car just sitting. remove the fuse from the level sensor and the problem goes away. remove the ground while armed from the sensor and the problem goes away. ground the blue trigger wire from the sensor and the problem goes away. ground the ground while armed wire and the problem goes away (if I arm the alarm, the noise stops, disarm it and a few seconds later the alarm siren starts going very quietly) while completely disarmed, if I shake the sensor I can get about 1 second of more volume from the alarm, its shows 1.4V on the brown wire at this time, then it goes back to what its doing before. this sensor is not hooked up to the alarm circuit in any way other than through the brains.
the problem occurs while B+ is connected to the red wire, and both the orange wire and blue wire are "floating" ground either and the problem stops.
I do have other devices on the ground while armed circuit: there are two relays which are connected to the ground while armed and the siren's brown wire so that they are only energized while siren is going off and the alarm is armed. The problem also goes away if I disconnect both of the other relays and leave just the leveling sensor connected.
also, shouldn't that blue wire I have it hooked up to become an instant trigger? I thought it was at first, but for some reason now when I ground it while armed I get a warn signal and not a full alarm. not even sure if it isn't the prox sensor that's triggering it and the blue wire is doing nothing.
what on earth is going on here???
mcgilles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
the pop up menu said to add vehicle information, I don't think it matters as the problem would seem to be vehicle independent. but since it asked:
1999 Chevrolet Corvette
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ground the orange wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I just downloaded the instructions forget grounding it, take it to ignition 1, then it will sit on ground normally and turn off when ignition is turned on.
1969garfield 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

Just install a diode between relays and ground when armed on the brain.

Be sure the tilt is on the other side of the diode.

The way you are connected now, you are energising your siren trought the sensor and the coil of your relays.

Hope that help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic