icon

better sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kulocrook 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 01 grand prix gt and i have 3 kicker 12l5 speakers  and a power accoustik  ps4000d
  • RMS Power Rating:

• 4 Ohms: 1200 Watts x 1 Channel

• 2 Ohms: 1700 Watts x 1 Channel

• 1 Ohms: 2200 Watts x 1 Channel i was wondering if that amp is gonna be enough power for those subs or these amps dont  push out what they say the do? should i get another l5 and another amp or is that good im at my limit with my trunk space  but i dont know if that will sound good i would really appreciate your help since im fairly new to the car stereo world. thanks guys

• j.reed 
    Copper - Posts: 716
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
    dual 2 or 4ohm subs?
    better sound - Last Post -- posted image.
    kulocrook 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: February 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
    Kicker 05S12L54 Kicker 12'' 1200 watt Solo-Baric Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils 600W RMS
    j.reed 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: February 11, 2009 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
    If you have not already bought them 2ohm subs would be better so you could wire each to a 4ohm  and then run them all together giving you a 1.33ohm load to that amp. With dual 4s your going to have to wire each at a 8ohm load giving you a 2.67 ohm load. So i suggest you find a good power 2ohm stable amp or even a powerfull 1ohm amp thats going to give you the power you want at 2ohms. Something around 2000 watts rms at 2ohm since you will be slightly higher than 2ohm and the sub is underated on power handling a bit. The Power Acoustic will fit the bill pretty well. But you will not get the 1700rms it claims. They are a bit over rated but would be pretty good power to the 3 L5s. If you could get dual 2s instead of the dual 4s you would be able to get more power to them from the amp but with that extra power it will be working the amp harder. Hope this answered your question. If you have anymore feel free to ask.
    kulocrook 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: February 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
    thanks alot j. i have traded the amp and got a Kicker ZX1000.1 Class D Amp Monoblock 1000 Watt Amplifier in stead i wanted to know if i should get a sealed or ported i dont know wich one sounds better. another thing a buddy said that  i should go with 2 subs in stead of 3 what do u think?
    i am an idiot 
    Platinum - Posts: 13,674
    Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
    Posted: February 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
    I hope you did not buy woofers yet.  Your new amp is not 1 ohm capable.  It is 2 ohm minimum.  So you will need the dual 4 ohm woofers each wired in series so each woofer is an 8 ohm driver. Then parallel each woofer at the amp for a 2.66 ohm load.
    j.reed 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot is dead on. The ZX1000.1 is 2 ohm stable so if you already have the dual 4s keep them. You should be good power wise. My ZX1000.1s put out 1280rms at 2ohm so you should have more than enough power. You should be pretty pleased with the output. What size box are you going to use and ported or sealed?

kulocrook 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
    i dont know what to use what do u suggest ? remember i have a 2 door car but i really want them to hit hard. i dont know about ported or sealed.
    j.reed 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Ported with L5s will yield your highest output. But the L5s also like airspace. For the most output you would want to go with the closest you can get to the max recommended encloser. But with you having a car and going in the trunk you will most likely run into a problem here. What kind of space do you have available? If you can give me the make and modle of your car and some measurements for where the box will set. I can figure out what will work.

kulocrook 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: February 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
    i have a 00 grand prix gt the trunk is 3' in length and 4' in with

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic