icon

shock sensor adjustment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arhunter 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone have any special methods for adjusting sensitivity on the shock sensor?

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
Just remember your bed time story “Never Cried Wolf” when you are adjusting the sensitivity on your shock sensor. If your alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason, people will eventually ignore it. You want to adjusted so that it’s not too sensitivity that a cat jumping on your car will set it off. Find a good balance so that when the alarm goes off it’s for real. Having your alarm going off in the middle of the night and waking your neighbor is not exactly a great alarm install.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.shock sensor adjustment -- posted image.
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
The leds on the shock sensor seem to work okay while adjusting the sensitivity but can't get it to trigger the alarm?   The alarm is an Excalibur AL-2000-EDP, shock sensor is Omega AU-84tn.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Does the shock sensor plug into the brain?  Or did you have to wire it to the negative trigger wire?  If the latter, try grounding the negative trigger wire directly to ground to make sure the alarm is working properly.
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I got it working now.   I guess I can't read.   I had the alarm bypass turned on in the programming, so I guess it was working correctly! Thanks
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
You couldn't really do this on a customer's car, but if it's your own personal car....
You could just turn it up a tiny little bit every night, a little bit more each time, and then the first night it falses, back it down a bit.
nthach 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
The Carbine 5850 I'm using in my car has a shock sensor adjustment mode which is accessed via valet switch which will give off soft or loud chirps depending on how hard you hit a certain area. That gave me an idea of how to adjust the sensor.
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  

nthach wrote:
The Carbine 5850 I'm using in my car has a shock sensor adjustment mode which is accessed via valet switch which will give off soft or loud chirps depending on how hard you hit a certain area. That gave me an idea of how to adjust the sensor.

That sounds like a handy feature.   The shock sensor I was trying to adjust has 2 leds, one for prewarn and one for hard trigger.   I inadvertanly had the alarm function bypassed and was able to adjust the sensor just looking at the leds without listening to the siren.    I think I got it about right, a small tap sets off the prewarn, a kick to the step bar will set off the hard trigger.   

number2 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have a alarm that came with the AU-84tn shock sensor also. With the sensitivity turned way lo I would still get false triggers. So I swapped it out with a 504D Stinger Double Guard and it made a big difference. I took apart the AU-84tn and all it is is a piezo disc with a spring soldered onto it.
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

You know whats fun trying to set a motion sensor in a convertable...ugh i hate those! lol

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic