icon

audio amplifiers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveswider1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for a recomendation on a physically small amplifier for my 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport minivan. I have replaced the oe cd player/equalizer with an aftermarket JVC cd player . All other stereo componants are still oe. My wishes are to be recomended a small(compact) amp that can be hidden behind the dash or under a seat. I may replace the front speakers if it will help the tone. I am more concerned with physical dimensions than output as I just dont want a big amp, just loud. If anyone can reccomend on that they are familiar with, I would appreciate the guidence. I am also considering a small equalizer, if I can find small and inexpensive. I also have no problem with used/refurbished items if available and cheaper. I have been to all the local car audio, and bigbox places in my town. No one has anytthing remotely close to what Im searching for. I have seen small motorcycle/boat amps, but dont know if they will be adequate. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Steven
ben_c_8 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
MA audio has a nice selection of real small amps ive saw some in real life and they are very small and concealable. this is if your talking about amplifying door speakers etc now subwoofers. these will always be a little bigger. also at local walmarts they have these little  amps theyre probably 8x6x2 with a red case. my friend gave me one and ive tried to blow it up since. i run 4 6x9's off it and its stuffed beside a seat and into the side of a panel haha=theyre very durable. it will also run one 12 or 10 at 2 ohm at 3/4 gain haha. but ya for a nice amp, MA has some nice small amps. check out maaudio.com
Ben carnes-2ma hk15x2 + 5500d
moparfan1234 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

most the new kenwood amps are also small and they seem to be prity good amp

87 ramcharger eclipse CD5000 2 15" memphis M3 kenwood 900rms mono amps
99 dodge cummins diesel eclipse CD4000 1 12" memphis Mclass 800rms audiobuhn amp
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine PDX

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic