icon

olds 98 DRL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gen7000 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
does any one know of or about how this function is wired or where the relay would be?    is it a two part system?    where would it get half voltage from?? or mabey what colors the wires 'OEM' might be? I would normally figure this out with my tester but ther are alot of wires pretty much the same color... and my owners manuel says there is a sticker giving brief info on the relays and fuses, on the cover,but there is no sticker..! yes no yes or guess...i do not know..
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
im not blonde but im lost here.....
what are you looking for??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
gen7000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
         I dont know what any of the relay do.. but i have located them the relays that is.  but then there is all these computer boxes on the pass side. wot are these? i found the basic hot wire to the sw. yellow +.  from the sw > no clue. dissapers. so the Q is half brites = DRL , right... does the whatever it is that controlls this, say run the head light is series to get half brite.... or a hevy duty resistor/inductor slice the voltage???  or could there be a piece of hardware that acts like a tempoary dummy load??  so i guess i need tecnical techie info about the wiring in these cars.   ................................................................. Did i replie or update this in the right spot? 
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I need the year and model, and then I can give you the colers. GM does DRL in two ways: Seperate Bulbs, or it wires the headlights in series. What are you trying to do?
Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
It seems that olds may be different. I found this. I still need the year and model.
Headlights/Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Circuit Description Oldsmobile/Pontiac
The daytime running lamps (DRL) activate under the following conditions:
The ignition switch is in the RUN position.
The ambient light sensor indicates daylight.
The vehicle is not in the PARK position.
When the above conditions are met, the lamp control module (LCM) supplies battery positive voltage (B+) to the low beam headlamps through CKT 589 (GRY), the DRL resistor, and CKT 12 (TAN). The DRL resistor reduces the voltage supplied by the LCM. The low beam headlamps light at a reduced intensity. The DRL disable if the vehicle is placed in the PARK position. When the ambient light sensor indicates darkness, the low beam headlamps automatically switch from a reduced intensity to a regular intensity.
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can eliminate the DLRs by placing a +12v on the sense wire that goes to the ER BRake Lever. This was designed so people at DRIVE IN MOVIE theaters can run their cars without the DRlights on. IT is a very simple circuit, but OE systems may use a resistor or other curcuit to supply a lower voltage to the light isn't on full wattage in DLR mode.
DLRs simply turn on when the car is on. An Aftermarket kit is just a relay that turns on with the Ignition to your low-beam lamps. They then turn OFF when you put the lights or high-beams on, or You can also wire it to keep them on with the HighBeams as well for the added 55watts of light.
Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
I agree, I just don't know what he is trying to do...
gen7000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

yep i am just try ing to hook up a coupel of after market wig-wag units. the vehical is a 1998 olds-mobile delta 88 ls. the wires are stinking complicated, tough i've already been upside down for a few hours trace ing wires.  but if i had more facts on colors and locations it might help .......or i'll mabey just re-wire it in a simpler fassion without the DLR.  thanks much for any info..///////..   

DAVE

Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
here you go:
olds 98 DRL -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic