icon

2002 pontiac bonneville, stereo acc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abice 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hi i have a 2002 pontiac bonneville and my situation is that i have two wiring harnesses with it gmos05 gmrc04 both should hold onstar RAP chimes and dimming lights now once the aftermarket deck is hooked in I can take my key out open the door and it wont shut off or stop playing music its constantly on where can i find accessory power and where do i bring it into the deck? for a solution we are going to run a direct wire from the windshield wiper fuse in the engine compartment fusebox is this a good solution and can it do damage if we do this?
02-mti-z07 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
would probably work but you might blow the fuse. IMO I would look for another option.
unfortunately I dont know the wiring schematic for your bonneville to find a remote line that only sees power when the car is turned on. The old headunit should have one that was already there to turn it on and off with ignition. get a meter and look for a wire close to where the radio is and check it with the ignition on. It should see voltage. Now turn the ignition off and it should show no voltage. find this one and tie into it and connect to your HU and you should be good. find the manual for your headunit and it should tell you which wire is the remote line. In my experience its usually blue. hope this helps.
05 mazda tribute: H/U Alpine IVA W-505/A pillar BA Neo Type M's/Doors 2xBA SL-85's/subs 2xBA G5 10's w/passive radiators/Proc Alpine PXA-701/Amps JL 300/4v2&1000/1v2 Power 4 gauge/200amp alt
abice 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
thanks i will give this a try and if not well back to the drawing board and ill be back tomorrow to let ya know thanks.
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
easiest place to pull is the cig lighter wire. it should be acc wire. pretty easy to check even with out a volt meter. Just plug in your cell phone charger or something similar to it. If it is only on when the key is on(minus is it stays on with key in or till door is open after powered) there ya go.
2002 pontiac bonneville, stereo acc -- posted image.
02-mti-z07 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
dead on! would use that wire over tapping the fuse panel for sure. Fuse panel might work but if something happens that is a BAD scenario.
05 mazda tribute: H/U Alpine IVA W-505/A pillar BA Neo Type M's/Doors 2xBA SL-85's/subs 2xBA G5 10's w/passive radiators/Proc Alpine PXA-701/Amps JL 300/4v2&1000/1v2 Power 4 gauge/200amp alt
abice 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
well let me ask you guys something i talked to a pontiac technician last night and he said use the dark blue wire that relays from the sunroof to the RAP which is located in the rear fuse box he said to just splice it in which im not sure if i should unscrew the whole fusebox unit to get to the wires if that would make it easier, and i have tested both cigarette lighters front and rear and both stay lit even when key is out of ignition and door is open so im not sure what to do about that please help?thanks
abice 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
and with the ciarette liter with my cell phone i can turn the key over turn it off take it out open  the door leave and my cell phone will charge still
02-mti-z07 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
they make splice connectors where you can take a wire that you need and splice into it without cutting it to run another wire off of it. If that is your only route I would go that way instead of hacking the fuse box IMO
abice 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
so your saying do as the technician says and splice the dark blue wire
02-mti-z07 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
thats what I would do since you are struggling to find an easier remote line. remote lines run very little voltage and current if I recall so I doubt it would be a problem. I have seen people patch into just about anything for a remote line 2002 pontiac bonneville, stereo acc -- posted image.
I would check it every few days for awhile to make sure it isnt too much current and melting the wires together and also check for normal sunroof operation too. You should be okay though. Hope it works out for you.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic