icon

retain use of my rear seat entertainment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sgt.c75 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
I want to install an in dash gps nav system in my 2005 lincoln aviator. Currently it has the factory radion with a six disc changer in it. It is double din. I have been told that when I change out the head unit I will loose use of the rear seat factory installed entertainment system. Is there anything I can do so I don't loose the use of it?
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
you would lose it for sure what I did in a few was relocate the factory radio and problem solve all you need is a few wires ing ( you can link 12 constant and ignition together)ground and there is a wire i think its a blue and brown (not sure its been a while since i did one) there in the 3rd plug also you can get audio output from the factory harness you need to hook an RCA directly to the wires in the factory harness
sgt.c75 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
dtk1, thanks this worked perfect. I have full use of the rear seat entertainment system and all of the functions of the after market system. again thank you

tdogg123 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}dtk1, i see some hope in you. i have dealt with for a long time. i have the same (i think) problem. i have a 2005 pontiac montana with the rear seat entertainment. my radio doesnt work anymoreand i tryed putting an aftermarket. i dont know what to do with the wires that used to hook to the radio from dvd or the wires that hook to the dvd. even when i connected the radio to the factory radio wires, nothing happens with the new radio. i want to keep the rear dvd, so could you explain in more detail what you wrote to sgt.c75's same problem. i though need more info cause i didnt reaally foolow what you said. thany you for any help i can get. or for anyone else that can help, please heeelp.{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic