icon

viper550esp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grundler1975 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
i just got done installing the viper 550esp and I'm having trouble with the remote start. I learned the tach and the red light comes on and when I try to restart it does fine for a few times and then it won't restart unless I relearn the tack. Also are the dei 550's sent locked so you have to use a bit writer, I can't seem to get into the programing to change the flashing lights when remote started, police around here don't like it.
Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
what year/make/model is the vehicle? You want to keep the lights on all the time while remote started?
grundler1975 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
it's a 97 328I convertible bmw and yes I want to keep the lights solid which is an option but I can't get into the program mode
2k2AccordEX 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Goto your local stereo shop that deals with Viper and get them to "unlock" the unit with the Bitwriter, it takes like 2 seconds to do it, and they shouldn't charge for that. Once that's done you can do anything with it.
If I have an idea, and you have an idea and we share ideas, then we each have two Ideas, together we have four.
rdsoito 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
They do not come locked.  Is your door trigger working?  you have to have a door open to enter the program mode.  Also does your top go up and down with ignition controlled door locks on.
grundler1975 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
i figured out to get into programming I had my diodes the wrong way, oops. The top does go up ad down with the ignition controlled door locks but I have that feature turned off, I have never really cared for it. It's working great now. I would like to use a 530T torun the top and the windows. There is one switch on the console that does it so I going to try to install the 530T there so I can remote run the top and windows. Any ideas?
x6369x 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I'd use a 530T on the windows and a 529T on the top. The 530T controls 2 windows up and down, whereas the 529T controls 1 window up and down, or 2 windows in one direction.
Friends Don't Let Friends Bump Stock.
vietnam 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
grundler1975 wrote:
i just got done installing the viper 550esp and I'm having trouble with the remote start. I learned the tach and the red light comes on and when I try to restart it does fine for a few times and then it won't restart unless I relearn the tack. Also are the dei 550's sent locked so you have to use a bit writer, I can't seem to get into the programing to change the flashing lights when remote started, police around here don't like it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic