project 1 thank you project 2?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven6095 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hi.

First of all thank you. Few years back, this site helped me get a great system in my 05 Mustangs. A big thank you to Forbiden as well. I also purchased locally from a small Eclipse dealer and could not be happier with it.
Wife's car is current project.
Was running JVC Arsenal with Infinity Reference speakers at all four locations.

Just installed her a Kenwood Excelon X792. Very nice unit, but the speakers are just wore out and sound poor. Front right has to have partially torn surround due to the way it sounds.

Time to get something better. Want to use the HU's amp - no external amps. Just keeping it simple.
Fade to front anyway - so just looking for a nice set of speakers for her front doors.
Just doing some quick research - I came up with these.

Memphis Audio 12-PR62

Rainbow  KX 165
Focal 165 CA1

Slightly Cheaper

JBL P662s (I love my JBL GTO's in my work car)
Boston Acoustics SX65 (very little bass reviews true?)

I will take any and all feedback. Suggestions, etc.

I know what someone is going to say, but I have to drive 50+ miles to listen to these even if they are in stock.
So...I'll take folks word on them.
I'll order from an authorized dealer / call and have a dealer ship to me, etc.
Thanks
Steven

02-mti-z07 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Boston Acoustics SL 85 5x7 plates and I love them. They have a decent amount of bass but my doors are dynamatted. MY subs integrate nicely with them. I imagine the 65's would be similar. I have always been super impressed with boston stuff. The 5X7's do a great job on midbass and midrange IMO. Dont have 65's though.
05 mazda tribute: H/U Alpine IVA W-505/A pillar BA Neo Type M's/Doors 2xBA SL-85's/subs 2xBA G5 10's w/passive radiators/Proc Alpine PXA-701/Amps JL 300/4v2&1000/1v2 Power 4 gauge/200amp alt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic