icon

1997 bonneville ssei rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

I'm picking up a '97 Bonneville SSEi this week and had a couple questions about doing a RS in it. I'll be installing a Compustar or Astrostart unit in it (still haven't decided yet, but it will be a one or two way non-lcd model.) I'm still trying to figure if I'm going to relay bypass the VATS or not, it depends on the cost of the bypass up here I guess...

In the wiring I found here it shows the Tach signal coming from the front of the engine under the coil. Is there anywhere inside the car I can get it from (PCM etc)?

Also, it shows the door trigger as "Tan Driver's (-) Dark Blue" Is the Tan the drivers side, and the Dark Blue the passengers? (It looks like it is, but I rather confirm it.) Is there one wire I can use for all doors?

Anyone know the colors to use for the unlock wire if I want to have drivers priority unlock?

I've also read that I'll need a relay for the trunk release on this car, is this correct? The trunk pin wire is ran to the back of the car, or does it come up to the BCM or anywhere up front? Is there a hood pin on these cars I can use as well?

Thanks for the help :)

·Ï¢årµ§·
1997 bonneville ssei rs - Last Post -- posted image.
SoundImage 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

the vats bypass can be done very cheap all you need is a relay and a resistor, just a few dollars.  As for tach,  gonna have to run it, although the RS unit should have a voltage mode making the tach connection optional.  As for door yes tan and blue are driver and pass.  just be sure to diode isolate them, there is one wire that will do the whole circuit but it lt. green black at the BCM behind the glove box.  this is the dome light wire so if you have dome light dely keep that in mind.  For driver door priority, you have to use tan the unlock motor wire for the driver door.  best place to get it is in the door boot.  Wire it 5wi positive relay.  use this for ist trigger then ORANGE / black for all doors.  You will need a positive relay for trunk release BLACK/ white driver kick.  The trunk pin is at rear light, ORANGE / black.  No factory hood pin avalible.  Hope that helps. 

icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you, it does help a lot! Could you clear up the driver door priority info please? It doesn't make sense to me with the sentence structure/spelling you have, sorry 1997 bonneville ssei rs - Last Post -- posted image.

Thanks again 1997 bonneville ssei rs - Last Post -- posted image.

icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

So I just need a relay for the tan wire for the drivers door priority unlock?

I've also heard that using voltage sense in real cold weather like we have up here can casue RS troubles starting it up (needing to try a few times etc...) Think I'll be fine with voltage sense?

icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone?

Thanks 1997 bonneville ssei rs - Last Post -- posted image.

·Ï¢årµ§·
SoundImage 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2009 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
yes just one relay on the tan motor wire for unlock.   Use this for driver door and ong/black to trigger all dorrs.  If you live in a cold climate tach is a better connection
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2009 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you very much for the help 1997 bonneville ssei rs - Last Post -- posted image.

·Ï¢årµ§·

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic