icon

2007 lexus es 350, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keysersoza 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Working on a 07 lexus es350 with push start button, using a crimestopper ez95 and idatalink ofa 10 bypass. Nearly finished when i lost all power through the push start button. I checked all the fuses i could find which all look good. Any help with this matter would greatly be appreciated because i cannot get the car to start at all.
keysersoza 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE I asked my partner to press the remote start button and he did then i told him to turn it off instead of pushing the remote start button he hit the button in the car to turn it off. Then we heard something like a relay or something acting up then from that point on we noticed that the the push to start in the car no longer works when i put a meter on the push wire it goes to negative but the ignition seems as thought it never engages. Factory remote works but no power to actually work anything else, like radio, power seats windows, etc. Car wont start no ignition or anything. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
No power to seats and windows, you have a blown fuse. Did you check the bar type fuses at the outside fusebox? They bolt in and are hard to tell when blown. They have several fuses built together in it and control high current items.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure you caught all the usual suspects?  You've got at least 2 fuseboxes in dash at least one under hood and possibly one in rear,  also main power take offs may be fused on the battery + cables.

keysersoza 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help, took dash apart and the junction box somehow shorted out. Don't have any idea what caused it and why no fuse blew. New one should be here tomorrow. Hope it solves the problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic