icon

elevation audio products any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

All of their subs will work in a ported or sealed enclosure.  We used three of the comp line subs in a sealed single chamber and they performed flawlessly.  Lots of bracing and a little poly fill.  It was in a single cab mitsubishi truck, we were barely able to make them fit.  I thought we were gonna shatter the back window, it had to move an inch when the speakers were at full excursion. 

Since then they have been stolen.  He thought it was a good idea to pull in to work everyday running it at full tilt.  I guess the thieves thought that was a good idea too.  Made him an easy target.  They ripped out his seats and took everything but the components.  Huge holes where we had it bolted through the floor and the bed.  Damn Thieves!

moparfan1234 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=soundnsecurity]Please lets stop arguing back and forth and apologize for highjacking Kureti's post. I was trying to prevent the spread of a myth and mis-information, the both of you are just arguing and truthfully you are both wrong. if you want to know why, send me a PM, but lets get off of this person's thread.[/QUOTE

yes thats the same reson i agreed with you. im not arguing about any thing how am i wrong? i dont feel he is all wrong ether he is looking out for the guy who started the thread  to get the info he wanted. no hard feelings i just dont like saying bad stuff about any company i dont know first hand thats why i didnt anser the first post. only helping keep a myth from coming out.

87 ramcharger eclipse CD5000 2 15" memphis M3 kenwood 900rms mono amps
99 dodge cummins diesel eclipse CD4000 1 12" memphis Mclass 800rms audiobuhn amp
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:

All of their subs will work in a ported or sealed enclosure.  We used three of the comp line subs in a sealed single chamber and they performed flawlessly.  Lots of bracing and a little poly fill.  It was in a single cab mitsubishi truck, we were barely able to make them fit.  I thought we were gonna shatter the back window, it had to move an inch when the speakers were at full excursion. 

Since then they have been stolen.  He thought it was a good idea to pull in to work everyday running it at full tilt.  I guess the thieves thought that was a good idea too.  Made him an easy target.  They ripped out his seats and took everything but the components.  Huge holes where we had it bolted through the floor and the bed.  Damn Thieves!

were they expensive? it sucks to have anything stolen thats why i turn my sound down when in a parking lot and my windows are very tinted and my alarm works
paidnfull 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

I sent him a pm, to see what he is talking about.  I don't see how we were both wrong either but I'll listen to what he has to say.

I have tried to keep the post to the topic at hand, but will apologize to the original post'r.  Hope we got at least a lil usefull info out there.  This is real world experience with the brand, not guessing, or myths. 

moparfan1234 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:

sounds like they ant to bad of subs. but thats a sad story its prity bad that even after you did so much work to keep them from geting ripped off. i had a way that seemed to work well to keep people from geting my stuff in an old car i had. i ran the bolts all the way down threw the frame. inside the box i had a 1/2 inch thick chunk of steel that ran the fun langth of the box and 8" wide. i also screwed the subs in from the inside of the box since it was a home made box. the amp was behind the box bolted to the floor also and there was no way to get you hands around the box to even try and get the amp. 

99 dodge cummins diesel eclipse CD4000 1 12" memphis Mclass 800rms audiobuhn amp
paidnfull 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I got the subs for twenty bucks a piece, and the components for the same price.  Pretty good deal retail was like 99 or so for the subs and 300 for the components.  The amps i got two for 350 total, they retail around 500 each I think.
moparfan1234 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:

I sent him a pm, to see what he is talking about.  I don't see how we were both wrong either but I'll listen to what he has to say.

I have tried to keep the post to the topic at hand, but will apologize to the original post'r.  Hope we got at least a lil usefull info out there.  This is real world experience with the brand, not guessing, or myths. 

the myth part was about the gain control. im sure you know that but just to clear it up with every one reading this thread. so the best anser this guy got out of this was your anser.

paidnfull 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I didn't have them through the frame, but was using large washers.  I don't know how they got them out, maybe a chain and a pick up truck.  No alarm on the car, wanted to wait till he had enough money and wanted subs first.  Oh well, you live and you learn

moparfan1234 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:

Yeah I didn't have them through the frame, but was using large washers.  I don't know how they got them out, maybe a chain and a pick up truck.  No alarm on the car, wanted to wait till he had enough money and wanted subs first.  Oh well, you live and you learn

yea idk about alarms most the time the bad guys are long gone by the time you get out the door. one of the other things i did was electrafiy my cars so they couldnt even tuch it. i did that after i had a guy tell me i was gona find my truck on blocks one day because he wanted my wheels. well one night i heard some one out side cussing and yelling because it shocked the crap out of him. lol and i still have my wheels.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic